Front desk staff: Mid-way through our stay we ended up getting really noisy neighbors..staff at the desk graciously moved us to a diff room (no questions asked) gracias!
Room: very clean and spacious. Couple of things were not working the best, such as the remote or the fridge (wasn't cold enough) but these were very minute!
Room service: the girls were great, they made up the room when needed and were always accommodating!
Food: quality of food was amazing, especially for being all inclusive. We felt there was a lot of variety. Mind you, I am not that picky and I enjoy eating any kind I ethnic foods.
Staff overall: everyone was so friendly and hardworking. The work ethic at this resort was incredible. You can tell they all really enjoy what they do and appreciate all guests.
Pools and beach: beautiful...there was always a chair(s) available at the pool or beach. We didn't feel like we had to go down early to reserve a spot at all.
Grounds: the resort itself is Gogeous, it's like a rainforest/zoo between the lobby and the pool area. So great to see te animals and great for kids too! Playa del Carmen is about a 40min walk from the resort. My husband and I jogged once and it took about 20 mins one way. It's super safe to walk around. Just note that you will be asked A LOT to take a look at their little shops Bc they are trying to make a living so if you can take time to look and haggle with them.
Gym: the gym is quite small but equipment is pretty up to date. I love the treadmills, definitely club quality. We worked out daily when we stayed, we found the gym was open earlier than they say, it said they opened at 7am but I went one at 6:30am and it was open. It can get really busy so go early if you want a decent workout.
A la carté restaurants: we loved the Japanese a la carté!!!!! We went 2x in a row because the show and food was so tasty! Italian wasn't that good unfortunately. Hacienda was amazing and the steakhouse was pretty good too!
Overall, we reccommend this resort to anyone who doesn't have high expectations or is looking for a luxury type experience. We loved it because we are both out doors type people and we live simple. We want to say thank you to all the staff that made our vacation pleasurable. We also want to say Enrique (waiter at Italian a la carté and buffet) was so nice and easy to talk to. He should be recognized for his hard work ethics. I hope someone tells him this! We hope to come back to visit in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen