We were staying at this resort for a wedding and were not disappointed. The rooms were clean however if you have difficulty with stairs I would recommend you let an employee take your luggage to the room since there aren’t elevators, unless you are on the first floor. We stayed in block 23 which was nice and close to the pool. I read review which cautioned about the animal noises from the “jungle area” however this wasn’t an issue. We did have friends staying in block 29 in which you can hear the night club.
The beach was wonderful with white sand and there seemed to be enough beach chairs even if you weren’t a nearly riser. There was food and liquor 24 hours a day and if the buffets weren’t open, room service is an option. The pool is large and it was nice that the pool bar was separate from the main pool.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Overall it was a great trip and I would defiantly stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen