Considering the price paid for this hotel, I was less than delighted.
Service was slow, rude, and inconsiderate. We had to wait for a long time to get checked-in, buy WiFi (Yeah, that's not included in the resort fee, and it isn't cheap either!), check-out, get service for any issues at the hotel... I was here for a family wedding, and considering the number of people who came for the wedding and how much the hotel must have made off the wedding guests, they could have been significantly more accommodating and polite. They seated the families at two different tables at rehearsal dinner. They wouldn't even listen to me when I asked if there was a way to rearrange them such that we were together. The restaurant manager was just rude to me from the moment I approached him; barely even listened to my question before blowing me off. While, the wedding was beautiful, I don't think that the hotel was very organized about the whole thing. They made the the groom and groomsmen and all of the wedding guest wait outside in the hot sun for over half an hour while they went to get the bride and bridesmaids, who had similarly been waiting in the room for over half and hour. They were continually rude to one of the guests who is a bit darker skinned. ... The list goes on and on.
Also, there are no lifeguards in the pool. There was no power in the gym one morning. There is only AC in the rooms and a couple of the 'fine dining' restaurants.
In the end, we have great pictures from the ceremony and the wedding part was great - For everything else, I would have rather stayed in a hostel. I have stayed in luxury hotels. This isn't one - but maybe I expected too much from an 'all-inclusive resort.'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen