We stayed at the Iberostar Quetzal for a destination wedding. The Wedding was beautiful and was executed flawlessly. The wedding planner (Alehandra?) did a great job. The temperature in July was oppressive, but it didn't put a damper on the wedding festivities.
The grounds are very nice the way they have kept the interior natural with the wild animals.
The food was all very good. Although we stayed 7 nights, we were only able to get into a reserve restaurant one night. But, the food and service at the buffets is so good, we weren't upset. Service throughout the complex was always friendly and enthusiastic. The entertainment staff worked very hard to keep everyone entertained.
The downside is the rooms are beginning to show the signs of age. The sink in our room had been broken and repaired. Lots of dings and scratches on the woodwork. Nothing serious, but nothing you would see at a Hilton property. The other downside is the evening entertainment. Although the staff seems to work very hard, the entertainment is best described as high school level. They had a great 7 piece brass band, but only had them play a short time. I would have preferred to listen to the band all night, and skip the show. Ladies: arrive early to get a chance to dance with a hansom young Mexican man. Nice touch!
We were at first irked about $45 for internet access, but was later happy we were disconnected. However, they need customer printer in the lobby, the system of emailing the reception desk wasn't reliable. Also, the Loomis Travel transfers were typically late, and some of our fellow guests had trouble with Loomis. Also, leave plenty of time for checkout as you can't just drop your key off like every other hotel in the world. You must check out and get a pass to prove you have checked out before they will allow you on the airport bus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen