We just returned from an 8 day/7 night trip as a family of 5. We have been to Mexico 8 times & stayed at various different resorts & we all concluded this was the best out of them all!
Location: The resort is about 1 hour from the airport but the ride isn't bad at all. It's located in a "gated community" called Playacar which is 5 minutes from Playa del Carmen which is great for shopping & if you want more nightlife ($7 cab ride for up to 4 people or $14 for 4-8 people).
Food: Food was unbelievable. The workers are so fast & work so incredibly hard but never forget to smile & be polite. The main buffet had plenty of options & the food was always replaced so quickly. Amazing tacos! We went to the Steakhouse, Japanese, & Italian restaurants for our "reservation restaurants" & they all were so impressive. The restaurants near the beach were fantastic too. Lighter options for lunch time & the restaurant was open pretty much all day which was super convenient. The ice cream stand right on the beach was a plus too :)
Drinks: All of our drinks were refilled so quickly & most of the time were done without us even having to ask. The bars all around the resort were wonderful; especially the one in the disco. The bartender inside the disco at the bar to the right was so kind & made some of the best drinks I had!
Entertainment: There were events going on all day long. Our kids are older but for younger kids they have activities & games going on from morning until night. Water aerobics, pool & beach volleyball, ceramic painting, salsa lessons, Spanish lessons, Zumba on the beach (just to name a few). The nightly shows were so entertaining & a great way to pass the time between dinner & when the disco opened at 23:00 pm. Overall the entertainment staff was fantastic & catered to all the needs of the guests.
Beach: Hands down the most beautiful beach of any resort we've been to. There was seaweed in the morning on some days & they had a worker on the beach digging holes & burying the seaweed. At the towel rental hut you can also rent a beach umbrella in case you don't want to be under one of the huts on the beach already. The sand was so soft & the water was so warm too. Just a beautiful view.
Rooms: Our room was in section 27 which was a perfect location because it was 5 minutes to the beach & 30 seconds from all the restaurants, disco, & main lobby. Even though they're a little outdated, they were so clean every day & all supplies that were used the day before were replenished. The AC was the perfect temperature & could be adjusted too. Bathroom was a nice size and very clean too. No complaints about the room at all.
We bought the wifi for the week & the connection was perfect in the room & even worked at the pool & beach too.
We would return in a heartbeat & there is not one complaint we had about our experience at this resort. Our whole family recommends it with 2 thumbs up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen