Traveled to Iberostar based on TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Two adults and 13- and 17-year old boys. Towards the front of the property, marble walkways meander through lovely jungle gardens with koi ponds and fountains. Towards the back are stone paths through thick jungle. Lots of animals and wildlife that are right there but somehow keep separate from the human population. We saw monkeys in the trees, Mexican agouti (like a large guinea pig), parrots, flamingo, peacocks, lizards, iguana. A toucan in a large cage, two large box turtles in a pen.
The pool is huge. Lots of lounge chairs on the beach. We never had a problem finding a place to hang out.
Food was very good, even though it was a buffet. Wait staff was friendly and quick to bring coffee or drinks and clear used plates. One thing, if you go there bring one set of casual dress-up clothes (khaki pants for men, pants or a sun dress for women) so that you can go to the specialty restaurants that are included in the all-inclusive price -- Japanese, Caribbean, Mexican. We had only shorts so we didn't meet the dress code. A nice touch: they keep the mini bar stocked and you don't pay extra for it. Beer, colas, bottled water, bottled fizzy water.
There is little difference between the Tucan and Quetzal sides. Tastefully decorated throughout. Rooms were cheerful and clean. We were in adjoining rooms, second floor in building 14, Tucan side. Our room faced inward, towards thick jungle; we did not even need to close the drapes for privacy. We could hear the entertainment from our room at night but it was not a problem.
High-speed internet access in the lobby and in the sides of the dining rooms closest to the lobby. Extra charge for access.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen