Just returned from a great stay at the Playacar Palace in Playa del Carmen. Met very nice people staying there (not always the case). The staff was excellent and always looking to get you another drink, carry your food, help with whatever you needed. Shows/activities every night were entertaining (if you wished to participate).
We were able to take advantage of a good portion of the credits. Gustavo and Edwin (along with the other Guest Services support) are wonderful and helpful in getting you signed up, even when dealing with irritating guests (I overheard a few and they always dealt with them politely).
The spa was just renovated and is top notch, including the services. That is worth using the $300 credits you are alotted. If you're not into it, at least take a tour. It's beautiful.
The Italian and Japanese restaurants are very good. Lots of variety at the buffet. The bar pizzas at the pool are amazing....
One irritation was that people do go down and put towels on lounge chairs to reserve them early in the morning (i.e. before 7am if you want to get down there that early). There were enough to go around when including those on the beach, but hate having to sit somewhere when only going down for an hour or two and seeing chairs not used. Very inconsiderate, but it's the same all over.
Dolphin Discovery was a nice activity as was the swimming with Stingrays over in Cozumel. One thing we liked was being able to take the ferry over to their sister hotel there and use their facilities and go snorkeling in front of the pool. Nothing to see in Playa, but enough to be interesting over there in Cozumel.
If you are into diving, the Cenotes are a must. WOW!
Anyway, I have traveled a lot, been around the world and this is the first time I felt compelled to write a review for a hotel. We will look to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Resort