My family (four of us including 2 teens) just returned from Spring Break at Playacar Palace. I will give a review of what we loved, a few suggestions and few things not so good.
Reception - greeted with flowers, a drink and cold towel - love that!
Our room - 209 - did not have a balcony, but we overlooked the spectacular beach directly had had almost a full wall of sliding door.
Spectacular beach, large, clean, soft white sand, I could go on and on
Location: (see spectacular beach above), proximity to town and 5th avenue, as well as Cozumel.
Staff: Eveyone was so pleasant and helpful.
Many people commented on the lounge chair game. It really was a huge issue for me. I saw people save chairs for people that did not show for hours and others that appears to place items on chairs so that no one would sit next to them. I feel the hotel needs to address this during very busy times.
Snack - a few bags of popcorn, nuts, pub mix in the room. Just a little nosh with your afternnon cocktail.
Activity Schedule upon arrival would help to know when there was yoga etc.
Not so good
Had to wait almost an hour to be seated for the Italian restaurant one evening (just my husband and I that night), even though there were visibly empty tables from the reception area.
The worst part - got really sick the last night - 3 out of the four of us had (and still have) nasty stomach cramps and everything that goes along with them. It made for a rough flight home and Easter holiday. We do not have a sense of how we contracted whatever we have, but it had to be at the hotel. We do not get this sort of thing - EVER, so although i had read other reviews mentioning similar experiences. I was certain it would not happen to us - wrong.
Up until the illness, I would have given a solid 5 with plans to return next year Now I am afraid that we will likely not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Resort