We stayed in this hotel from Jan 5th to Jan 9th and were treated in such a wonderful and welcoming way by the staff. The food was consistently delicious and fresh and everything tasted flavourful and authentic. From when we got there our bell boy Ulysses gave us wonderful service with a smile every time we saw him and made us feel right at home. Rodrigo, our main bartender knew every drink we threw at him and was a fantastic and engaging person to talk to. The rooms were so clean and inviting and we got a free upgrade to a jacuzzi room when we arrived at no extra cost. I never saw one bug or anything that made me feel uncomfortable and doubting my choice in hotel. The beach was great too being very clean and well maintained.
The only negative I can think of is when our all-inclusive bracelets came off. We were told that we could stay until 8:00pm the day of check out but as soon as we started walking through the hotel with no bracelets we were bombarded with questioning and security telling us that we could not be there. We had booked a best day shuttle the following day to go back to the airport and when we got there in the morning we were treated with a little bit of hostility by the staff because again, no bracelets. I understand the tight ship that must be run to maintain the integrity of an all inclusive hotel but to get hostile over me taking $.20 cents of muffins after I had just spent a mint there seemed sightly over the top.
Overall, the positives far outweigh the negatives and this is a hotel I would love to return to time and time again because of the location and wonderful friendly staff like Ulysses and Rodrigo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Resort