My husband and I were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary. I am 47 and he is 56 so we are adults. we booked the Governors Suite and were very happy, I would HIGHLY recommend spending the few extra $$'s for this suite, as we did see a regular room. The service was impeccable. We had most of our breakfasts delivered as room service, way easier than the morning rush at the buffet, lunches at the buffet or pool side snack bar were fantastic and not as crowded as breakfast. We ate dinner the first night using the buffet, the second night we dined at the Italian Restaurant, the food is freshly prepared, and delicious. the following night we dined at the Asain, Momonohana ... Wow!!!! So yummy we went back the next night which was our Actual anniversary and they sang a silly song to the tune of happy birthday called hoochy coochy all night long, it was hysterical! The next night we did the romantic dinner on the beach using our room credits, that too was wonderful, and then we returned to Momonohana where the staff asked if they could make us a special, off the menu, dinner. that was an easy YES and we are happy we did it, it was amazing! the beach here has to be the nicest beachwear e have ever been to, we have been to moon palace, Mayan palace, Bermuda! Florida, California ... The incline was very minimal, the sand super soft and CLEAN! We were on the senior Frog side of the resort and it was no issue at all, we heard nothing coming from the place. I would definitely come back here again, the pool was beautiful, the pool service was quick and attentive. the shows are silly, but it's entertaining, just don't expect Broadway. Our week here was delightfully relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Resort