We stayed here from March 3-10, 2014 with our two teenagers. The resort was lovely and the rooms were nice - not over the top luxury but certainly very clean and lovely. I was concerned when booking that there would not be enough for the kids to do but I was pleasantly surprised the very first day. The Entertainment Staff were awesome and the kids spent the week enjoying beach volleyball with people of all ages. The food in the main buffet was excellent - varied, fresh and very tasty. I never felt that I was eating last night's dinner made into something new the next day at lunch. We ate at the Japanese restaurant and the Italian. They were both very good. The Spa is absolutely wonderful. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It was a joy to be there and they made you feel very welcome. The beach is beautiful, the water lovely but the only downfall was there the snorkeling wasn't great off the beach. There are a number of good areas close by that are so that was a plus. The ferry to Cozumel is a short walk away as is Playa del Carmen. We walked into town one evening to look around - there is a large mixture of high end shops and touristy places as well as cafes and restaurants.
I have stayed in a number of resorts in Mexico, Cuba and DR. I couldn't tell you which resort was in which country because they were lovely but not memorable. I won't forget the Playacar Palace.I would definitely return to this resort and I would recommend anyone who is looking to visit the Mayan Riviera check it out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Odigeo and Travelbag so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Resort