We stayed here March 23-30 and had a wonderful time. This was our 4th trip to the Mayan Riviera, previously staying at much larger resorts, and we found the service at this hotel far exceeded our previous experiences! From the painless and actually pleasant check in/out process to the fabulous customer service provided in the rooms, and at the restaurants and pool/beach, we really have no complaints. All of the staff were very professional and friendly, but I must commend Antonio at the Italian restaurant and Perla at the pool/beach who took very good care of us.
We went to the Moon Palace for a day to see what was there. HUGE hotel with many restaurants. We ate at one of the buffet restaurants (can't remember what it was called) and the food was very good. Much more selection than at Playacar Palace, but quality really no better. The beach at the Playacar Palace FAR EXCEEDS that of the Moon Palace. Unfortunately, we had a medical "mishap" at the Moon Palace with my son dislocating his shoulder on the "Flow Rider", but not even that could dampen our experience. The medical attention was prompt and we were greeted on our return to the Playacar Palace to ensure that everything was okay.
My husband and I golfed at the Moon Palace Golf Resort and had a great time. Beautiful course, but not an easy one to play! Was expecting a better food selection when we finished our round (only hot dogs and nachos available), but otherwise it was wonderful.
The resort credits were good, but keep in mind you have to pay 16% tax on all of the credits that you use....it adds up! We didn't use up all of our $1500.00, but you can carry unused credits forward for up to 1 year. I was disappointed that the resort credits could not be used for a room upgrade. When I originally booked the vacation in January, I was told that this was possible, but I guess they changed their policy by the time we actually took the vacation. We still did, however, upgrade to the Sand Suite.....BEAUTIFUL!!
Overall, we had a fabulous time and would highly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Resort