This was our first trip to Mexico and we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at The Playacar Palace. The hotel is a little 'tired' in places due to its age but the rooms were well maintained and very clean, housekeeping was to an excellent standard. The food was delicious although I would like to have seen a change of menu in the Italian restaurant after a week. That was by far our favourite place to eat and the foot was of excellent quality and beautifully presented but over a 10 day stay we ate in that restaurant 6 times and it was becoming difficult to find sufficient choice. The staff were very helpful and friendly, our favourite waiter for breakfast and lunch was Porfirio - a delightful young man. The hotel 'credit' system was a wonderful surprise - so very generous adding a huge extra value to the holiday. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel - a long journey from the UK but worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Resort