we stayed at Playacar Palace during our visit to palaya del carmen for a wedding. The Hotel was nice. The Hotel location was very close (5 min walk) to the 5th Avenue( the main street and famous one that all activities are around it). I don't recommend to get out of hotel after 8pm. it is very scary since you see military cars and lots of police that searching the taxis. polices were covering their faces with black masks. they were carrying the hug guns. Playacar palace was nice and clean. staffs were very friendly. The food was ok. the hotel had 3 restaurant. Italian and Chinese and a 24 hour buffet. you never get hungry there. The pool bar also serve fast food as well. we stayed 4 nigh and they gave us $750 reward that we could spend in hotel. 150 in spa and the rest in hotel. but you have to pay 16% tax of whatever you spend of that money. I got a massage that cost $180 so I end up to pay 30+ 16% tax which was ok. you also can spend that money in gift shop but you should spend at atleast $100, not sales items and pay tax. And if you get wine in the the italian and Chinese restaurant, the price of the wine would reduce from your $750 and you pay 16% tax when you checking out from the hotel. Use sunscreen 70+ with you since get burn very fast. Spa was nice. I got a hot stone massage, not the best one I got but it was ok. you also able to use your hotel credit for few outdoor activity. We used our hotel credit to go to "swim with Dolphins." It was such a great experience but remember to have someone to take pictures of you since the people there rip you off. One picture cost $37 and for 2 people $90 for one CD full of your pictures. Our room was nice and clean but remember not to open the window in the day time since the humidity is too high and if you do, in a second every thing in your room get wet. Don't get a room in front of the pool since people have wedding and get drunk and music would be very loud and it would bother you. Get a room with only beach view. If you are traveling with kids, there was a play room full of toys for kids so they would be busy there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Resort