“Playacar palace all inclusive”
Review of Playacar Palace

Playacar Palace
Ranked #28 of 215 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 17 June 2014

we stayed at Playacar Palace during our visit to palaya del carmen for a wedding. The Hotel was nice. The Hotel location was very close (5 min walk) to the 5th Avenue( the main street and famous one that all activities are around it). I don't recommend to get out of hotel after 8pm. it is very scary since you see military cars and lots of police that searching the taxis. polices were covering their faces with black masks. they were carrying the hug guns. Playacar palace was nice and clean. staffs were very friendly. The food was ok. the hotel had 3 restaurant. Italian and Chinese and a 24 hour buffet. you never get hungry there. The pool bar also serve fast food as well. we stayed 4 nigh and they gave us $750 reward that we could spend in hotel. 150 in spa and the rest in hotel. but you have to pay 16% tax of whatever you spend of that money. I got a massage that cost $180 so I end up to pay 30+ 16% tax which was ok. you also can spend that money in gift shop but you should spend at atleast $100, not sales items and pay tax. And if you get wine in the the italian and Chinese restaurant, the price of the wine would reduce from your $750 and you pay 16% tax when you checking out from the hotel. Use sunscreen 70+ with you since get burn very fast. Spa was nice. I got a hot stone massage, not the best one I got but it was ok. you also able to use your hotel credit for few outdoor activity. We used our hotel credit to go to "swim with Dolphins." It was such a great experience but remember to have someone to take pictures of you since the people there rip you off. One picture cost $37 and for 2 people $90 for one CD full of your pictures. Our room was nice and clean but remember not to open the window in the day time since the humidity is too high and if you do, in a second every thing in your room get wet. Don't get a room in front of the pool since people have wedding and get drunk and music would be very loud and it would bother you. Get a room with only beach view. If you are traveling with kids, there was a play room full of toys for kids so they would be busy there.

Room Tip: Pick beach side room. not pool view.
1  Thank nazly b
Write a ReviewReviews (4,711)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall Resort was nice. Employees were very friendly. Room was kept clean, air worked very good. Only complaint with room was they never left enough towels or hand clothes had to always call for me. Room service was great menu selection nice. My grandson loved the pizza. The pool was kind of small and if you was down by 7ish forget getting a good spot. There was always plenty of chairs for the beach. Beach was clean and nice. If your looking for a party atmosphere this isn't the place pretty much dead at night. Overall it was a nice place in a great location.

Room Tip: Higher floor to see ocean palm trees are pretty tall. We were on the side of Señor Frogs had heard...
1  Thank Debra55
PlayacarPalaceGM, General Manager at Playacar Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for such a lovely review. The entire Playacar Palace truly appreciate the time to write your review.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Like another Palace Resorts, excellent service, beautiful accomodations, oustanding food.
This was the first time we stayed at Playacar Palace and for sure we will be back. The service was excellent. The staff was always available to help. The restaurant had good food choices.
The beach was beautiful, the ferry to Cozumel was at door steps from the resort. The 5th Avenue (shopping street) was outside the resort, very convenient to buy souveniers and to have night life. The recreation group was very good. My daughter and husband enjoyed the pool at all times with the recreation group. EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT !!! 100%,100%, SATISFIED!!

3  Thank Evelynmax

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am typically not a fan of all-inclusive hotels, but my friend had her wedding here and I have to admit I was positively blown away by the food and service. I am a vegetarian and kind of a health nut (I am a nutritionist by profession) and I was very pleased with the options. There were many for me, like the fresh juices without added sugar and variety of raw and cooked vegetables, beans, legumes. The people at the hotel were extremely friendly and accommodating. Thank you Isreal, Diego, Guadalupe, and Quetzal for always helping me!! The rest of the restaurant staff were equally as amazing, I just don't remember the names. The rooms are beautiful, the beach is beautiful. I would definitely recommend this place to friends:)

2  Thank Rebecca G

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Playacar Place early this month as wedding guests and despite all the rain we had a great time. The staff was very attentive at all times, the food was good, the rooms were really comfy and the amenities were awesome! We book our stay through Beach Bum Vacation w/ the assistance of Nanda. She made booking our first trip to Mexico a breeze! She was very responsive to all our questions and providing everything we need in a timely manner. Thanks Beach Bum Vacation and the staff at Playacar, we are definitely looking to return soon!

21  Thank BklynBella75

Reviewed 15 June 2014

First I would say, we are making our way around to all the Palace Resorts. We had visited this resort once before on a day pass, and decided to stay there this past February. The first thing we noticed upon arrival at the resort, was the GREAT customer service. From the first minute we set forth on the property, everyone we encountered made us feel as though we were the most important guest there. This is not unusual for a palace resort, but notably a notch above what we expected. From the bar service, to the pool and beach staff to the fine waiters and waitresses at the restaurant. I would not have enough space to name all of the staff so I specifically made note of a few: Porforio was absolutely "perfect" (that's how I remembered his name). He was eager to greet us each morning for breakfast with our "green Juice" and coffee mate for our coffee. He had anticipatory skills which I can only guess has been sharpened by years of waiting on customers at Playacar. I mentioned him, because we looked for him each day--but if he was not available, there was no shortage of outstanding service from the other wait staff including Edgar, Israel, Artemio, Mayrdo, Francisco, and Miriam. The waiters in the evening restaurants were equally as accommodating. It really seemed that they enjoyed waiting on you: everyone at the restaurants and bars. We met a lot of really nice people there, including the guests. We will go back, but are still making our way to all of the Palace Resorts.

Room Tip: Don't book a room near the pool bar closest to the rooms If you retire to bed early. It was a l...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PghTravelers2014

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have always heard that second parts are bad but, since I had such a great experience last year at the Beach Palace, I decided to try another hotel from the same company. The service from the front desk and the people who coordinate the "hotel credits" is very inefficient..
We tried to use the hotel credits to take tour as we did last year, but the ones we wanted were only on certain days of the week, so we rented a car from the hotel and went to Coba. When we came back there was nobody at the desk, so we went to the Guest Relations and the lady there told to leave the key with the front desk staff. We explained to them that, even when we could have the car for 24 hours, we would be leaving early the next morning for a tour. The front desk staff refused to accept the key and told us they would not be open until 8:00 am.
We tried again in the morning before leaving for the day tour, but the front desk refused again. We left the key in an envelope on top of a desk but in the afternoon, they said we had to pay two days rent. I guess they never heard of a drop box for the keys.
The air conditioner in the restaurants barely works, which is a shame because the food is great and the waiters are awesome.
Nevertheless, i do not think I would visit any of the other Palace hotels ever again.

16  Thank Tere6666