“Holiday in paridise”
Review of Playacar Palace

Playacar Palace
Ranked #26 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is the first time I have ever felt it ness to write a review (altho I am a review reader obsessively before i book anywhere) we were a little unsure weather to trust the reliability of such glowing reviews but you literally have to put your toe in the lobby to know that your in for a real treat.

We were greeted with a refrshing drink and cold flannel that was so soft and very well recieved, check in was so quick and with in a short time we were in our superier deluxe ocean view room and my goodness what a view.

The Room- we had a family room with two double beds, the pillows were the best hotel pillows we have had and me and the hubby are fussy when it comes to pillows, the room is spacious enough to be in but if your like us we were only in it to sleep and change etc. the shower was lovely and spacious and the products are brilliant, the jacuzzi tub my children loved and we all made use of the well stocked fridge :)
The room were cleaned daily immaculately and smelt divine.

The Pool- the pool was perfect it was so great that my 8 year old could touch the floor at all areas just making it alittle more relaxing not having to panic if he went out of eye shot, the pool bar is brilliant although did attract a fair few wasps, the pool is cleaned daily and when i say cleaned i literally mean a man with goggles scrubbing the tiles and fishing out any unwanted bugs, u cant ask for more. the toilets by the pool were always immaculate and well stocked and the staff ensured excess water were cleaned constantly.

The staff- my goodness if staff at all places worked as hard as the staff at the Playacar Palace the world would be a very different place, they just dont stand still, everything is attended to thouraghly in fact they were renevating the roof whilst we were there and this created some dust, everyday the maids scrubbed the effec ted rooms and the walls were all dusted and painted never left untill the work had finished. we encountered 2 staff around the pool that were the least helpful but we never had much dealings with these and luckily the following staff more than made up for the 2 that are not so great, the staff that made our holiday and we thank dearly are:

Francesco The Head Chef: i am gluten free and he took the time to go through the meals with me and even prepeared me an alternative where needed, he was regulary going around checking the food was well recieved and you could see the passion he had for his job. 10/10 you top man

ALMA- pool waitress always greeted with a warm smile and would bring our drinks and food promptly never letting us run dry she even selected some food for us at lunch to try and brought it us without asking she was lovely and we were sad after 4 days when she went on the beach for the week howvere they say every cloud has a silver lining and ours was......

PERLA- my goodness what a sweetheart i wish we had stayed for longer so I could have got to know her more we only knew her for 3 days and i was sad to say goodbye, she is so warm, knew all our names by the afternoon and would ask for us if one had one to room etc, she is an absolute credit to the hotel i sincerly hope management appreciate her, a GEM :0) thank you so much Perla.

There was also a head of house that greeted us in the morning she was lovely knew to get my gluten free bread and also so very pleasant i cant rememeber her name but think it began with M. the entertaiment staff were also top notch they knew our names and made games suitable for all top marks to you all.

The Food- as mentioned the food was devine plentyful and fresh, if i could recommend anything it would be nice if all gluten free products were labelled just because I really dont like feeling like I am making a fuss so having to get the chef to go through things I found a personal challnge not becasue they werent willing, it would be nice to just read a label and know. desserts were minimul for gluten free they did do a mouse but this was sugar free also so if you have a sweet tooth it doesnt quite hit the mark. they did do a gluten free cheescake this was dev ine and they would get if I asked but would have been nice to have more options especially when the treats my family had looked devine.

GENERAL: whilst we were there the hotel had an inspection (our last day) they looked at everything you can see how the palace branch are thouragh they looked like head office inspectors they even took pictures of a tiny and i mean tiny mark on the wall, although nothing seemed differnt cause they were. showing it is always of a high standard.

The entertainment is brilliant and always well presented and fun for all.

The beech is the best we have ever been to the sand is wite and soft and the water is a beautiful colour and warm, everyday the beach was cleared of seaweed that had drifted ashore beautiful it wot dissapoint.

All i can say is whilst waiting to be collected for our return home we were already looking at booking to return next year, we have never done this so its definatelty made a impact on us

MANY THANKS TO ALL YOU WONDERFULL STAFF AT THE PLAYACAR BEST WISHES

GAVIN, SARAH, FINLAY AND MORGAN JARVILL
BOOK IT YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED

Room Tip: fifth floor rooms get the best view of sea
8  Thank SarahJane J

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Hands down best vacation ever! We vacationed at the Playacar Palace Aug.19-26 with my family and sister in laws family. This was our first time visiting Mexico and will definitely not be our last. The staff at the Playacar Palace make this place stand out. Angel in the lobby bar at night was so friendly and engaging it was like hanging out with an old friend. Israel in the buffet in the morning and Ayanei at night ( I'm sure I have spelled it wrong) were both always so attentive and outgoing. The entertainment staff at the pool Alexander.sexy Livia,and Ceasar were so upbeat and funny, they got everyone involved in silly games or a game of beach volleyball .Alma at the pool made sure you were never in want of anything. My kids always had a cold drink or snack and my hand was never empty either. She was always checking in on us to make sure we were happy.
The food was amazing from the pool bar(try the nachos) to the Italian restaurant you can't go wrong.
The view WOW. The turquoise water just steps from the pool was breathtaking.

1  Thank NickyNicole10
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed here for two night after my Moon Palace stay. I must say it was very relaxing. I ordered room service for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All meals were great. The resort is very quiet but that was what I wanted. I didn't go out at night but I did go out shopping on what they call 5th ave and it was nice. The vendors do constantly ask for your business so be prepared and try not let it get to you. The beach and pool is very nice. Airport is about 40 mins away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diana H
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Before you start reading this review I just want to let you know that it will probably be very long. I stayed at playacar palace from 7th -21st august with my daughter and my brothers family of 4. Before going I probably read a years worth of reviews just to make sure that I was choosing the right hotel for us. Some reviews were not too good but the majority were good. I have to say that this hotel surpassed all of my expectations from the moment we pulled up and started check in. There was a problem with my room ( I think this was just due to miscommunication) I booked a superior partial ocean view room and requested a balcony, I never got the balcony but I did get a full ocean view which more than compensated with a king size bed for myself and my daughter.

The Rooms

As stated above the room was big enough for myself and my daughter however for my brothers family the double beds were a bit small for two adults and also storage space was limited. (Having said that the rooms are no different in moon palace even though this is a bigger resort) the guy that cleaned my room 520 for the period I was there was excellent, everything was spotless sorry I didn't get this name

They have 3 restaurants at playacar plus an outside bit, I thought that I would get a bit bored with the selection but never did. We ate at the Italian terrazza probably 4 times and was served by pedro 3 of these times he was excellent he even made us a special desert twice that was not on the menu and on Wednesdays they have a chocolate surprise which comes in a large chocolate egg delicious

We ate at the Asian restaurant about 4 times as well and sat at the chef table and that was an experience not to be missed.

The buffet restaurant this is the restaurant that is open for breakfast lunch and dinner. All of the staff here work so hard micelia who worked at the desk to seat people always remembered our names and room numbers. Porfirio and artemio looked after us during breakfast and always greeted us with a pleasant smile. Guadaulpe ( a man in the white uniform) he always came over to see how we were and to joke with the kids etc. angel and aruceli the breakfast chefs we exceptional. Aruceli always knew what omelettes I liked and also how my daughter liked her hard boiled eggs.

Staff

Some more staff that I would like to mention are roman the bartender in the Luna lounge always on had with a drink vivianna at the pool bar and also leonardo. We asked leonardo if the pool bar did fajitas and he went all the way into the buffet restaurant, ordered them and then brought them to us. How is that for service. You can't ask for anything more.

Spa

I took my daughter to have her nails, feet and hair done and she felt so special and grown up. We had ana and nidia do all this for us and they interacted with my daughter and made her laugh and feel at ease.

Entertainment

The entertainment staff not sure of their names but from what I gathered there are 4 of them. They keep you entertained at the pool side and also a little bit at night. I would say though that maybe the Luna bar should stay open a little longer maybe until about 2am with music after the evening entertainment has ended as I know my brother thought it finished too early.

Now for management
Ricardo he wore a dark blue uniform and he was so nice I saw him everyday and he always had time to stop and chat, to make sure everything was going ok and if he could help with anything.

David the resort manager I happened to bump into him by accident while we were waiting on our ride to moon palace. I have to say he is doing a great job, he has employed all of the right people and they follow his example. He is never too busy to lend a hand when needed he even cooked me an omelette when there was a sudden rush at breakfast one day.

As the place isn't as large as most of the other resorts it feels so safe for the kids etc as I mentioned above we visited moon palace for the day and all I can say about there is that the moon palace has nothing on playacar. Playacar wins hands down in all aspects whether it's the service or staff etc.

I would also like to say that all of the staff at playacar are exceptional and it is one of the best places I have ever stayed at. I can not wait to go back.

Think that is all, if you are thinking of staying at playacar then don't hesitate just book it you will have a great time.

6  Thank dianeo712
PlayacarPalaceGM, Director General at Playacar Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you jfor such a lovely and large review. I know that takes time to write it, and I deeply appreciate it, the entire Playacar family truly appreciates it.

Is easy to attend guests like you and your lovely family. Was a pleasure and will be a pleasure anytime. As mentioned in my private message, thank you for your attention to our details and please, do not hesitate to contact me for any further questions or comments, will be a pleasure to receive you back

Our best wishes for you and your family

Playacar Palace GM

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and spent 7 days here for a special occasion our son's wedding [on the beach] and I have to say it was the best vacation ever from the moment we arrived from Cancun to the moment we left the resort, the service everything we could not fault. If anyone has the chance to have a vacation of a lifetime this is it.

Room Tip: Make sure to take the ferry across to the Island of Cozumel and go swimming with the Stingrays!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Bruce for you review . The entire Playacar family truly appreciates the time to write it.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me for any further questions or comments, will be a pleasure to receive you back

Playacar Palace GM

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Karen and I had a wonderful time and were treated like royalty. We celebrated our 28th anniversary and were treated to a special private dinner. Service was terrific and I am sure I missed some but I must recognize the following: Leonel - manage at the Italian restaurant and oversaw our private anniversary dinner. Alberto, our butler who took care of our every request. Alma at the beach; Javier at the bar; Gilberth at our dinner; Victor, Quetzal and Chef Francisco at the Japanese restaurant; Ana and Marth on the beach; Angel bartender; and Limberth and Manuel.

Room Tip: This is a resort, not a hotel. It is walking distance to the Ferry and we made a day trip to Coz...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tommy

Thank you for your very good comments! Leonel, Alberto, Javier, Gilbert, Victor, Quetzal, Martha, Angel and the entire Playacar family are proud that you enjoyed your stay at the resort.

Congratulations for your 28th abbiversary.. se you on the 29th!!!

Do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit

Playacar Palace G.M

Reviewed 26 August 2014

From the moment we stepped off the plane ( As Dorothy would say from the Wizard of OZ ) Were not in Kansas anymore. Wow… people who actually smile….. It was so nice to walk out and see our name with the biggest smile on his face from our driver. When dropped off at the resort we received the same smiles from all. I can’t say enough about the Playacar Palace.
We had the time of our lives. The people, the service, the entertainment and well…
The food was unbelievable….. The beach was absolutely beautiful… Don’t know about the
Pool – never went in it – Didn’t travel that far to sit by a pool – but it looked like everyone
around it was having a great time. Our room was perfect and was always taken care of.
Mini bar was always full and my 16year old son loved the room service.. They must
hate to hear the room number 548 now – He must of called 3 times a day. LOL. If you are
looking for the place to stay while in Mexico – Stay here… Believe me, you won’t regret it.
A Slice Of Heaven.

Room Tip: Sup. Deluxe Ocean View