My wife and I and our 13 yr. old son enjoyed the Playacar Palace the week of April 5-12, 2009. The resort was just as previous reviewers have said. Food was very good both in the ala cartes and the buffet. We didn't get the best room in the house as far as a view goes, but it was large enough, clean and comfortable and very nice. The public spaces of the resort are well maintained, and always clean and inviting. I think the thing we enjoyed the most were the people working there. They are without a doubt the most friendly, enjoyable people we've ever experienced in an all-inclusive resort. Everyone greets you as you pass in the hallways, lobby and pool areas. The servers in the restaurants are top notch. They greet you with a smile and make you feel very welcome, and they go out of their way to serve you. It creates such a great atmosphere! My personal favorites were the guys and gals that worked the "Aqua Bar" (poolside/swim up bar). A shout out to Carlos, Gonzalo, Carmen, Fernando, Antonio/Gaspar and the nice lady at the grill.. never got her name. These people were the absolute best! My drink was always full, anything I needed they got for me and treated my family like royalty. Ask them to show you their tricks, very entertaining. The activity people were great also. Eddie, Juan, Sergio and others kept things hopping at the pool with games, music and a few laughs. The hotel is within an easy walk of Playa del Carmen's 5th ave. shopping area which makes shopping very convenient. We had a fantastic time at the Playacar Palace and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Resort