“A wonderful and quiet way to enjoy Mexico”
Review of Paamul Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa del Carmen
Paamul Hotel
Ranked #132 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Paamul, Mexico
“A wonderful and quiet way to enjoy Mexico”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The hotel in Paamul Mexico is a pleasant surprise for anyone hoping to get away from the hustle and bustle of the cities along the Riviera Maya. The beautiful hotel in ON the beach and offers spacious, comfortable rooms at a very reasonable price. The atmosphere in Paamul is like we used to experience in this area 30 years ago. There no high traffic noises and everything is within walking distance. No noisy crowds and a private beach. There is a very fine restaurant that is so well known people come from all over to enjoy the open air, beach-front dining room. The restaurant has a pool where you can enjoy drinks and if you have children with your group you can enjoy your meal while they swim and play in either the pool or the swimming area of the sea. There is an excellent dive center here which offers diving, classes, and resort dives for non-certified people who wish to see what all they have been missing. A true A+++ vacation experience!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We love Paamul and some day want to make it our home. We spend most of our time on the beach. The restaraunt is to die for, a little pricey but very good quality. This hotel is in the centre of everything, Playa Del Carmen, Tulum, Cancun is about 90 km away but everything you need is right here. It tuly is paradise.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CanadaKat33
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Paamul is truly a little jewel in the Riviera Maya. The hotel rooms are comfortable, spacious and very clean. The views of the beach/ocean from the rooms are unbeatable. The pool is awesome, overlooking the beach and the restaurant has delicious food. Who can beat eating at a restaurant on the beach with the sea breeze blowing in your hair! We can't wait to go back to Paamul!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Beautiful beach, beautiful hotel, everything is so perfect to have the best time of your life. I love the food and the location is great. i would definitely go back and spend more days at Paamul hotel. The service is great too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank M M
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Stayed at Paamul Hotel Jan 17-25, 2013. This is my 6th stay here and It never gets tiring. The hotel is situated in an RV park approx 1km from the Tulum/Cancun highway, directly on the beach in Paamul Bay.
Approx 15 min drive south of Playa Del Carmen and 5 min drive north of Puerto Aventuras.
Each room is equiped with 2 queen beds, a bar fridge, microwave and satellite television. The ground level rooms have a fabulous patio walk-out onto the sand. Bartolo keeps the rooms clean and functional, he is very personable despite the language barrier.
There is a restaurant next to the hotel which is open usually from 8am-8pm, and you can have drinks and food delivered to your room. Expect to pay about 35 peso's for beer and up to 100 peso's for mixed, tropical drinks.
If you enjoy peace and serenity with a beautiful view this is a place worth considering. The shoreline rocky in many spots, i'd suggest water shoes, but the snorkeling and swimming are incredible. The bay is protected by a reef.
The only reason I did not rate this hotel 5 of 5 is simple. The rooms should have a coffee maker. Your options are limited until the restaurant opens, and enjoying a coffee and sunrise on the patio is a perfect way to start the day....

2 Thank Doug8256
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The most amazing beach I have seen in the Mayan Riviera and just a few steps away from your room. The food is delicious and everything for a very fare price. Just what you need if you need to relax and enjoy the beach.

1 Thank AlejandraHY
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Years ago I spent a significant amount of time in Paamul, originally a coconut plantation. My memory was one of quiet beauty, ocean waves, birds calling in the trees and amazing sunsets. Returning ten years later, with all of the changes that have occurred in the “Mayan Riviera” I thought with certainty that my nostalgia was misplaced. This December (2013) I returned with my husband to Paamul expecting to see the same changes that had occurred along the rest of the coast - overcrowded beaches, lost charm, a significant change in the footprint of the property. How wrong I was! Approaching the coast from the highway, as the road turned to sand, I saw the familiar welcoming view of the thatched palapa roofs and palm trees contrasted with the tropical pink of the bougainvillea and I had hope! When we parked the car and walked to the beach I was taken aback, as I first was 10 years ago, by the beauty and charm of the place. It was “peak” season but the only thing packed on the beach was the restaurant, where I noticed a lot of Mexican nationals – always a good sign of the food quality. The dive shop was still there and it still seemed to be doing a thriving business. I was so pleased to be able to show this part of the world to my husband the way I remembered it, not just colored by my nostalgia. The icing on the cake for me was my surprise at the updates to the rooms. While the cabanas at Paamul could always be prized for their location – directly on the beach (on the beach as in, “walk out your front door into the water”), they were, several years ago, a little sad and in need of an upgrade. This was where I appreciated some “change”! I discovered our room (Ground floor suite) was large, immaculate and simply and tastefully decorated, with more amenities than we even needed for our short stay (microwave, sink, fridge, T.V etc.). The bathroom was gorgeous (glass basins) but the best part for me was pulling back the blackout curtains (much appreciated in the morning) to reveal to my husband (tada!) the spectacular view of the ocean and the large terrace outside our door. It is truly breathtaking. Later that afternoon we had cocktails at the restaurant and watched the sunset. We also had an amazing couples Mayan massage in a palapa on the beach for $50 U.S... You can't beat that!

To sum it up, it was more than I had remembered, or hoped for and for anyone looking to escape the now crowded beaches and loud crowds of Playa del Carmen and experience the quiet charm of the past, I would highly recommend Paamul.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Aventuras Club
Aventuras Club
#1 of 13 in Puerto Aventuras
Serenity Eco Luxury Tented Camp

Been to Paamul Hotel? Share your experiences!