Paamul Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Playa del Carmen
See available hotels
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
Great 4.5/5
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
Great 4.5/5
Serena Hotel & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Pool
Coral Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
Great 4.5/5
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Yucatan Beach(Puerto Aventuras)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsrv parkpuerto aventurasquiet communityhotel is situatedsmall hotelcevichetwo queen bedsbreakfast was includedeither directionpalm treesroom was largebeach areasmall poolwater shoesmicrowavecaribbeancollectivo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I found this place looking for a place to camp at while I went to a party at Hard Rock hotel.wouldn't you know it they are 3km from Hard Rock. Paamul is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed at ever. beautiful sandy beach, nice pool. The restaurant is nice with a 4 star view. I camped there and hope more people go there to camp so they will make us a nice spot. Kid friendly you bet. What I liked the most about Paamul was the Staff. They made me feel so at home and welcome. I had a bit of bad luck and Andrea and staff were just the nicest and supportive people.I asked if I could buy Andrea a six pack or bottle of wine to show my appreciation and she humbly said,"its our job, just speak well of Paamul." Paamul is one of the nicest,most accomodating,friendly,kid friendly relaxing, beautiful places i have ever stayed at ever and I travel all the time. don't miss this little gem. tell them hola from Mark

Room Tip: I closest camping to playa del carmen
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark c
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed in Paamul January 30 to February 7th, 2014. This year I stayed in room 6, which is a 2nd level suite. My first time on this level, and I must say, I loved it. The balcony affords a nice combination of sun and shade through the entire day. The sunrises are stellar from these vantage points.
I reviewed the hotel in January 2013 and had suggested coffee makers for the room. I was very happy to see this has been added as well as free wifi to the room ammenities, which I think is great!
The Paamul staff continue to work hard at keeping the rooms very clean and fresh. The staff are always smiling and very pleasant to converse with even though my spanish is limited.
As stated in other reviews, you will not find loud blaring music or all night parties here. This is a place for relaxation. You can also use Paamul as a base for tours towards Tulum (40 mins) south and PDC (15 mins) north.
Room Ammenities: 2 queen beds, microwave, fridge, sat tv, wifi, coffee maker, hair dryer, in room safe, sun lounger.
Restaurant: located directly beside the hotel. Hours are 8am-8pm and you can place a food/drink order and have it delivered to you at the beach or to your room. The seating area has an excellent elevated view of the bay, the staff are very friendly and attentive. I find the prices to be reasonable, in line with neighboring restaurants in Puerto Aventuras (5 mins) south.
I have visited Paamul many times and this is one place I always feel safe. As the hotel is situated within an RV park, the community is gated. There are plenty of security, but i never felt they were obtrusive. Much like the hotel, restaurant staff, the security are friendly as well and always great you with a smile. They were helpful to me several times in calling me a taxi from the gate.
In closing, this location is a true gem. If you are looking for something different than the all inclusive vacation, I highly recommend Paamul. I will continue to spend my vacation time here, its paradise guaranteed!!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean. This hotel is located directly on the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Doug8256
Reviewed 22 January 2014

If you want tranquility and nature, this is the place to be! No loud blaring music, not too many people, just iguanas, birds and a gorgeous beach. I stayed in a hotel room on the main floor and loved my three nights there. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The porch had lovely contemporary furniture to enjoy the gorgeous ocean which was literally 7 steps from the porch. The beds were very comfortable and they even had full comforters which are needed if it's a rainy/windy day without sun. I never used the AC but the ceiling fans were helpful and quiet.

The hotel property is very safe, which as a single female traveler, was important to me. I even left my porch doors unlocked when I went exploring along the beach or swimming. My laptop, iPad and everything were fine.

The gentleman who cleaned the room was so friendly and did a great job.

The kitchenette was nice to have but it lacked the cutlery and utensils. I borrowed stuff from the restaurant.

The bathroom was great except the shower head sprayed water everywhere and the water got on the floors. The cleaner was nice enough to leave me two floor mats to soak up the water.

The restaurant food could've been better. I ordered a grilled dish once and got it fried. The restaurant will bring your meal to your porch if you want, which was nice.

I went on one dive with the onsite dive shop - ScubaMex. I will review them separately.

The wifi in the rooms is great!

If you want action, don't come here. But if you want to listen to the waves, read a book, dive, snorkel, soak up the sun with the iguanas, then this is the place for you! I would definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the main level if you're in the hotel room units so you have direct access to the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pkpowerofone
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights and had an amazing time! We snorkeled,every day, the staff was great! Especially Pablo and the other bartenders(made the best drinks)Can't wait to come back and see everyone!

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jerseydonna
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Spent a wonderful week in Paamul with my mother in 2012 and will be returning next month (Feb. 2014) with more family members. Very excited to share this beautiful spot with more people. We stayed in the hotel with an incredible view of the bay. The accomodations were clean and incredibly comfortable. The staff took very good care of us. We took a couple of day trips to shop and visit 2 Mayan ruins. It was easy and not too far to get to. The staff was helpful in figuring out transportation. Other than our day trips away, we ate exclusively at the on-site restaurant. Oh my! Delicious menu offerings. And wonderful service. We felt very pampered all week long. This time I hope to scuba dive in addition to snorkeling. Should be awesome! The water is gorgeous and you need only go a few yards from shore to see incredible underwater sealife.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family