My family and I went to Mexico in mid June to attend a wedding. I had made roundtrip reservations with the hotel to have a car service pick us up from/to the airport. The car service the hotel used is called, Experiencias Mayas, and the price was reasonable $180 USD roundtrip. Both drivers were nice and very informative if you have any questions.
As soon as we arrived at the hotel, the staff came to the car right away and took our luggage. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a junior suite which we loved.The suites remind me of a townhouse. Downstairs was the bed and bathroom. Upstairs was another bed and a patio which had a hammock, jacuzzi and a table with chairs if you wanted to relax. The table and chairs looked a little worn but, not really an issue.
Our room was right by the street and not far from a club. I noticed that some reviewers said not to get a room by the street because the music from the club was loud but, it didn't bother us.
Hotel La Tortuga is located in a perfect location. It's not far from 5th Avenue, where there's a lot of shops and restaurants and you can walk. If you don't want to walk, just stand in front of the hotel. There's plenty of taxi's going up and down the street and they will stop.
We had breakfast every morning at the hotel. The American breakfast was complimentary but, we wanted a Mexican breakfast and was not disappointed. The food was delicious!
The only thing that did disappoint me a little was the television service,which was why I gave the hotel a rating of "very good". There weren't too many channels and the ones they did have were in Spanish. Granted, we were out most of the time but, when we came back to relax, we couldn't enjoy the television.
We had a great time in Mexico and the next time we go back, we will definitely stay at Hotel La Tortuga.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen