We stayed 9 nights in La Tortuga recently. We had a swim up room which was nice and clean. The air con was a little loud but you get used to it. The room was big enough although I expected something a little roomier. The room doesn’t let in much natural light but it’s not bad.
The hotel is very nice, the pool area is great. The hotel seemed quite quiet when we were there which is probably luck as there aren’t many seats near the pool to laze around on.
We went to the beach one day but it is a fairly long walk and it’s busy most of the time. We couldn’t be bother to go again as you need to carry the towels and all the rest of the gear there.
The hotel location is good. It’s right on 5th Av which is great for shopping. There were a couple of nights when we heard loud music. I guess it was from Coco Bongo. It went on very late.
We enjoyed the food there, the breakfast was fine once you get your head around the menu. Some days we had to pay for water at breakfast which is a bit strange, most other things are free.
I would also like to thank the staff for helping when I was sick. I got a stomach bug from something I eat or drank (not from the hotel) and was in bed for a couple of days while I got my energy back. The staff called a doc straight away and he came within 30 mins to check me over. Thanks!
Overall we enjoyed our stay here, we found the weather a bit too warm for us with the high humidity. 9 nights was a bit long, we should have went for 5 or 6 and spent a few more days in New York or somewhere in the low 20’s.
The house keepers were great. The room was well cleaned and we like the different towel designs every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen