Mahekal Beach Resort
US$229
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$320
US$605
US$589
US$320
US$301
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$286
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$344
Agoda.com
US$806
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,434
US$940
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$564
US$415
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
US$211
HotelsClick
3,174 results
All reviewsshangri la caribehalf boardfuego restaurantpalapa stylegarden viewlas olasbreakfast and dinnerlas palapaspalapa roofocean frontping ponginfinity poolfifth avenuepalm treesthe wait staffcevichebug spray
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I just had the pleasure of traveling here for my cousins Wedding on May 28th, 2011. The staff was so friendly, food delicious with plenty of options. Loved our room 11P! Air conditioning working, queen beds, very close to pool/breakfast area and beach. The view from balcony was top notch (loved the hammocks). The other family members had reserved expensive rooms and they were not as pleased (more inside the property). You must check out the pottery cart in the bar. You can paint your own or buy from the artist. Such a nice keepsake!! If you go, don't forget..eye mask and/or ear plugs (sun and birds can be up early) pepto (just in case, I felt fine), good sunscreen and big hat (i forgot my hat). The sun is very strong and the family members that didn't protect and hydrate all day were throwing up at night. The bottled water is always available. Practice a little Spanish, the staff speak English well but it's always more polite to "try" to speak in Spanish. After awhile, it became easier and quite fun!

Room Tip: Our room 11P!
3  Thank MissyHudson
Reviewed 1 June 2011

All previous reviews are accurate. This place is not a mega resort, at capacity this place does not look full. Laid back. Staff is great. Front desk is great. Restaurant staff is outstanding. Beach was never crowded, except for Sunday when locals rightfully come to enjoy the beach. But even so, there were plenty of lounge chairs available.

I was here for a wedding and these guys made the difference, attentive, quick, plenty of them around. All friendly. I think service is the hotels best attribute.

During my stay it was hot, humid, but breezy. I stayed on a top floor inland cabin, so I just opened all the windows and turned on the fan. That was enough. I did not turn on a/c. If you want 75 degrees, then Cancun and PDC are not the place for you to visit.

I thought that Breakfast and Dinner are better than Lunch. So I would opt to leave hotel for lunch. A five minute walk away and you are in the pedestrian zone with plenty of restaurants having tourist prices.

Two beach towels are provided. Rooms are very simple decor, but functional. All doors, windows work. Bathroom has good water pressure, plenty hot water. All is clean, nothing seems deteriorated or worn. All rooms have a deck or patio with two hammocks, two chairs and table.

If I ever return to PDC, I would return here.

7  Thank ORD-TGU
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We traveled to Playa Del Carmen for a cousins wedding at Mahekal and had an amazing time! The resort is right at the beach which was fabulous and so convenient. The staff was very helpful and the food delicious! My husband and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Keira O
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We brought our 2 kids (9&5) to Mahekal for a family wedding. It was a "magical" experience all around. The food is delicious, the staff is wonderful, and the beach, well, it's just plain paradise. I loved the fact there were no phones/tvs. One reviewer mentioned brooms in the rooms, which I think is a brilliant idea. Even though they have an outside spigot to rinse your feet, it can still get pretty sandy inside. We stayed right on the beach and the most amazing experience was swaying in the constant beach breeze in a hammock that hung from our terrace looking out at the beach and ocean. My only issue was our particular unit's a/c didn't work that great, and it got HOT. That said, It wasn't bad enough to change rooms, and during the day, the breeze is great. Those birds do get you up early, but I figured it was the best way to enjoy the beach before it got to be sweltering hot. Another highlight for us: Mexican fiesta night. Delicious buffet dinner and Mariachi band. Would not hesitate to return or recommend this property. It's rustic, charming and chill here, if you are looking for air conditioning everywhere, or fancy upscale accommodations, this place is not for you. The 24 hour beach security is excellent-- but the resort's beach is shared with public access. For us, this enhanced our experience, as my son befriended a local boy with whom we will keep in touch via email! We look forward to our next trip to Mahekal...

Room Tip: Stay right on the beach!
3  Thank wanderlust1215
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We wanted a place to relax and do nothing but sit on the beach, go to the pool, drink a few drinks and have no set schedule. This was exactly what we were looking for. We want to give a shout out to Regilio our waiter. Rooms were excellent and clean; we stayed in the garden section. Food was good, fish was excellent. La Cueva del Chango is a great place to eat and is right up the street. We recommend this for lunch. Beach was great and not crowded. We plan on coming back soon.

Room Tip: keep an eye out for early summer rate drops.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple