I've found a place that I'll be coming back to again and again.
My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, and almost cancelled our other reservations so we could stay longer. The food is fantastic - breakfast and dinner is included, but you can swap dinner for lunch or just pay for it a la carte. We spent 10 days traveling around the Riviera Maya, and this place had the best AND cheapest food by far. To give you an idea, we ate 3 meals a day for 4 days (i.e. 4 meals that were "not covered" by the meal plan) and only spent about $110. To me, that's a good deal.
The room blew my expectations out of the water - huge, clean, extremely comfortable - and was just steps away from the beach. We walked up and down the beach for about a 1/2 mile in each direction and both agreed that we were staying at the best looking resort.
The service was impeccable; both the front desk and restaurant staff were great. This really is the most charming resort, and we will be coming back next year! Thank you, Mahekal, for making our vacation so lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mahekal Beach Resort is a legendary resort village located on 800 feet of white sand beach in the heart of vibrant Playa del Carmen. It has 198 thatched roof, palapa-style bungalows within steps of Fifth Avenue, the celebrated entertainment, shopping, and restaurant district of Playa del Carmen. The thousands of loyal repeat guests at Mahekal Beach Resort describe it as magical, memorable, and authentically Yucatecan. Our style is friendly and relaxed, a unique Caribbean experience where you can rock gently in a hammock on your private terrace and enjoy undoubtedly the best beach in Playa. Our guests love the fact that we have never compromised our truly unique ambiance and style. In keeping with that style, our rooms do not offer televisions. Instead, they feature original, brightly colored, Mexican tile bathrooms, private terraces with hammocks for siestas and star gazing, and locally-crafted Mexican wood furniture in an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy our magical sanctuary. The Resort offers meal plans that include breakfast daily and lunch or dinner. This choice gives our guests the opportunity to explore the many dining options in Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mahekal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen