Our Home away from Home.....Mahekal is truly paradise....The staff at Mahekal are more like our family....they are truly warmer than the Sun :)
We have been spending our vacations at Mahekal for many years, back in the Shangrila Caribe Days. We are so happy that the most important facet to this resort has not changed...the people that work and make this home away from home the paradise it truly is. From the moment you arrive and are welcome back by Oswaldo with his wonderful, warm smile and genuine hospitality to Gabrial and Jose walking you down the little garden pathways leading to your cozy home for the duration of your vacation to the warm and welcome hug and giant smile from Boli with the true care to be sure everything is "just right" during your stay. The wonderful wait staff who manage to remember what room you were in last time you were with them for your last vacation, how you like your egg's and that you only want one coffee for my husband as I prefer the juice. Delightful attention to detail and genuine warmth....the beach is always such a delight not just because it is blissly beautiful, but our Amigo Manual is such a wonderful happy addition to our long warm sandy days in the sun.....we truly love his upbeat funloving attitude toward life and his appreciation for his job with the Mahekal family. The maids and gardeners do such a awsome job in keeping this paradise perfect in every aspect...truly beautiful everywhere you turn and spotlessly clean. The guards keep us feeling safe 24 hrs a day and also manage to welcome us back and recall our names and faces.....really, this place has the most amazing people.
We are looking forward to our return to our Home in Mexico and our Family in Paradise
Adios till then
Dom and Tina Dionisi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mahekal Beach Resort is a legendary resort village located on 800 feet of white sand beach in the heart of vibrant Playa del Carmen. It has 198 thatched roof, palapa-style bungalows within steps of Fifth Avenue, the celebrated entertainment, shopping, and restaurant district of Playa del Carmen. The thousands of loyal repeat guests at Mahekal Beach Resort describe it as magical, memorable, and authentically Yucatecan. Our style is friendly and relaxed, a unique Caribbean experience where you can rock gently in a hammock on your private terrace and enjoy undoubtedly the best beach in Playa. Our guests love the fact that we have never compromised our truly unique ambiance and style. In keeping with that style, our rooms do not offer televisions. Instead, they feature original, brightly colored, Mexican tile bathrooms, private terraces with hammocks for siestas and star gazing, and locally-crafted Mexican wood furniture in an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy our magical sanctuary. The Resort offers meal plans that include breakfast daily and lunch or dinner. This choice gives our guests the opportunity to explore the many dining options in Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Mahekal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen