We had just an awesome time at Mahekal. We added on a few days here after cave diving in Tulum for some relaxation and beach time. This place was great. The staff is so, so friendly and helpful. Literally, every staff person we encountered, from the front desk staff to the waitstaff were great. Their enthusiasm really made the trip wonderful. Plus we loved our Palapa - we had a garden view palapa and, even though there are other palapas nearby, we felt like we had complete privacy and we loved it. The beach is absolutely beautiful, the water is warm and clear. The restaurants here are great too - the food is good, waitstaff is awesome and they have beautiful surroundings, and having breakfast and dinner included made it a great deal. We felt very comfortable safety-wise here, and the hotel has a policy - if the cleaning staff comes into a room and sees phones/money/etc., they will not clean the room - this actually made us more aware of what we were doing with our valuables, which was great. Overall we just loved it here and can't wait to return. They have outdoor yoga classes 2x a week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mahekal Beach Resort is a legendary resort village located on 800 feet of white sand beach in the heart of vibrant Playa del Carmen. It has 198 thatched roof, palapa-style bungalows within steps of Fifth Avenue, the celebrated entertainment, shopping, and restaurant district of Playa del Carmen. The thousands of loyal repeat guests at Mahekal Beach Resort describe it as magical, memorable, and authentically Yucatecan. Our style is friendly and relaxed, a unique Caribbean experience where you can rock gently in a hammock on your private terrace and enjoy undoubtedly the best beach in Playa. Our guests love the fact that we have never compromised our truly unique ambiance and style. In keeping with that style, our rooms do not offer televisions. Instead, they feature original, brightly colored, Mexican tile bathrooms, private terraces with hammocks for siestas and star gazing, and locally-crafted Mexican wood furniture in an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy our magical sanctuary. The Resort offers meal plans that include breakfast daily and lunch or dinner. This choice gives our guests the opportunity to explore the many dining options in Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mahekal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen