I stayed here with my partner in December, on our first trip to Playa del Carmen. there were so many hotels to choose from before we came, but I am so glad we picked Shangri La. We were dropped at our hotel after a tour to Chichen ITza, and stopped at all the big luxury resorts along the way. After each big resort my partner and i thought 'oh, our hotel wont be anything like these ones'. And it wasnt - and we were so glad. It doesnt have the big resort feel to it that the other hotels packed together in the centre of town have. Staff are lovely and helpful and remember your name. It is set on a beautiful stretch of beach slightly out of the crowded beaches of the main town, but is still an easy 5-10 minute walk to the centre. The restaurant and food were great, and the best thing - each room comes with its own hammocks. Fantastic place - if we come back to Playa will definately be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mahekal Beach Resort is a legendary resort village located on 800 feet of white sand beach in the heart of vibrant Playa del Carmen. It has 198 thatched roof, palapa-style bungalows within steps of Fifth Avenue, the celebrated entertainment, shopping, and restaurant district of Playa del Carmen. The thousands of loyal repeat guests at Mahekal Beach Resort describe it as magical, memorable, and authentically Yucatecan. Our style is friendly and relaxed, a unique Caribbean experience where you can rock gently in a hammock on your private terrace and enjoy undoubtedly the best beach in Playa. Our guests love the fact that we have never compromised our truly unique ambiance and style. In keeping with that style, our rooms do not offer televisions. Instead, they feature original, brightly colored, Mexican tile bathrooms, private terraces with hammocks for siestas and star gazing, and locally-crafted Mexican wood furniture in an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy our magical sanctuary. The Resort offers meal plans that include breakfast daily and lunch or dinner. This choice gives our guests the opportunity to explore the many dining options in Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mahekal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen