My husband and I just got back from celebrating out anniversary in Mexico. We stayed at Mahekal for 7 nights. This place is wonderful! The grounds are amazing, the beach is beautiful but what truly makes this place feel like home is the staff. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 8A that was ocean view room but it truly felt like an ocean front as we were steps from the beach and could feel the ocean breeze every day/night. The rooms are bare but are kept extremely clean. If you expect luxury this is not for you. There are no TV’s or other electronics in the room but that did not bother us at all. The place is like a little paradise. There is a lot to do in the area; the resort is just a few minute walk from the 5th Ave where you can find all different restaurants, shops, galleries and other entertainment. I truly recommend Mahekal for a romantic, relaxing getaway.
Special thanks to Boli and Gabriel who organized transportation and tours for our stay. I can’t thank Boli enough for his kindness and lending his camera for a day when our broke down. Also, special thanks to Jose and Vincente, our friendly servers at the resort restaurant. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mahekal Beach Resort is a legendary resort village located on 800 feet of white sand beach in the heart of vibrant Playa del Carmen. It has 198 thatched roof, palapa-style bungalows within steps of Fifth Avenue, the celebrated entertainment, shopping, and restaurant district of Playa del Carmen. The thousands of loyal repeat guests at Mahekal Beach Resort describe it as magical, memorable, and authentically Yucatecan. Our style is friendly and relaxed, a unique Caribbean experience where you can rock gently in a hammock on your private terrace and enjoy undoubtedly the best beach in Playa. Our guests love the fact that we have never compromised our truly unique ambiance and style. In keeping with that style, our rooms do not offer televisions. Instead, they feature original, brightly colored, Mexican tile bathrooms, private terraces with hammocks for siestas and star gazing, and locally-crafted Mexican wood furniture in an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy our magical sanctuary. The Resort offers meal plans that include breakfast daily and lunch or dinner. This choice gives our guests the opportunity to explore the many dining options in Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mahekal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen