Hotel Delfin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Morgana(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Playa 38 Hotel Boutique(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Quinta Nahui(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Posada Marina(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Plaza Playa(Playa del Carmen)
  • Free Internet
Andre Ha Caribbean Suites(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
Casa La Galeria by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewspenthouse roomno elevatorblackout curtainsthree blocksclean hotelair conditionerbeach towelsfifth avenuetop floorroom was largehot waterrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Delfin just a short walk from the ferry dock in Playa Del Carmen after a week of diving on the island of Cozumel. This charming boutique hotel is on the corner of 5th Ave, just a block from the ocean and conveniently located to everything. Our spacious penthouse room was very clean and comfortable with tasteful simple furnishings, a frig, and air conditioning. We loved watching the bustling town in the evenings below our rooftop deck.
I had not been back to Playa del Carmen for 30 years, and I was happy to see positive changes. The shopping, dining, architecture, art displays and landscaped courtyards on 5th Ave. is amazing! As an artist, I found it very inspiring.
I took some extra photos of some of the other rooms other than our penthouse. Please consider the hotel has no elevator, stairs only. Hotel Delfin is reasonable, authentic, and I highly recommend it to those who enjoy a cultural experience.

Room Tip: The suites are lovely and the penthouse deck makes you feel a part of it all.
Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ecomermaid
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My friend and I stayed at Hotel Delfin after getting bumped from our other hostel in high season. These guys happened to have a clean room for budget travelers, so we were happy to rent for our last week. The digs were clean and we were excited to have a fridge and air conditioning. The only complaint we had was that it was a bit loud, and we're young travelers and heavy sleepers. The live music playing one night at 11pm was almost too much to handle, i.e. it was shaking our room. But it ended before too long and we had a pleasant stay. The beds were clean, no bugs, and the water was hot. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank TrailblazerFan4
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Hotel Delfin is right on the main street of Playa Del Carmen, but has quiet rooms available and penthouse rooms that overlook the ocean. It is about 50 yards from the beach, but it is near countless restaurants, nightclubs, shops and other activity. Some people prefer and all inclusive when they travel, a little bubble where they can just veg, but if you want to experience this exciting town in a clean, well decorated place with excellent service and location this hotel is a jewel.

Room Tip: The penthouse rooms are awesome.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I'd give this hotel 4 stars only for the larger and nicer of the penthouse rooms. It was bright, cheerful and comfortable, with a fun rooftop patio where you could watch the world go by. We got a discount rate, but it's worth paying a few extra dollars for. The other rooms look a bit plain and even dreary. I was ready to look elsewhere, but the penthouse room almost seemed to belong to a different hotel.

There are a lot of stairs (and not always anyone around to help with bags), and it's a bit noisy at night. There seems to be a bit of soundproofing, and earplugs (or perhaps air conditioning) mostly solves that problem. As the previous review mentioned, I saw a few ants crawling up the doorframe in the bathroom, but none in the room, and certainly not enough to be disturbing. I don't know who the previous reviewer dealt with, either, because we only encountered one very nice, helpful lady who spoke excellent English.

We arrived last-minute, and I looked at 3 other moderate hotels in the area. This one (at least the penthouse room) was by far the nicest for the price.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We were planning to stay at this hotel, we had our room and all, and as one of us was about to take a shower she screamed, the reason? lots of flying ants were crawling around, over the walls, ceiling, floor and curtains. We went down stairs to management and they sent someone up to clean, they sprayed some insecticide and that killed them, apparently. A few minutes passed and as i now tried to take a shower, to my surprise it was filled with those ants once again, and lets face it, they're not the worse plague ever, but their bite sure hurts, so we complained in management once more and they changed our room to a much smaller one when we had the big room with 3 individual beds and a large bed. They changed us to a smaller room with 2 beds, of course paying the same price as the large room, which we didn't agree to, so we went to management to tell about our inconformity with the price, that it should be lower if the room was smaller and the manager said, well take your money back so rude that we couldn't believe our ears. I had to ask again, excuse me, did i hear correctly, are you kicking us out, he said yes, i can't do anything for you, our cleaning staff is out for the day, and i said that this wasn't a cleaning problem, the problem was that there was a plague crawling through the window, he just turned his face and ignored us, so i left, looked for the nearest hotel from there and checked out of there. As we went to get our money back we demanded to speak to the manager again cause he would give us the money, he sent someone else to do it. The last thing i wanted was to tell him that that wasn't the way to treat his guests, he snaped at us and started nagging and telling us that he couldn't grant us our extravagances and that we couldn't handle one small ant, of course all this time making faces at us, OMG, i was stunned that the man was actually talking to us that way, we said, look, it's not one ant, it was a plague ok? and really if you're not comfortable with your job its not our fault that you have to treat your costumers this badly and we left.

Really, after the way that man treated us I really hope he's not working there anymore because one bad person is all it takes for people never want to go back to a place like that,

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank ALOM87
DanielShore693, Manager at Hotel Delfin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

We are sorry about your experience with our hotel.In 25 years we have not had any problems
with either plague or flying biting ants.We are in the tropics and if you see a bug in your
room we either disinfect the room for the guest or switch rooms.We will not allow anyone
To scream at or abuse our staff.your money will be returned.