“Another nice stay”
Review of Hotel Delfin

Hotel Delfin
Ranked #159 of 215 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We stayed in this hotel last year for a week and this year for 5 days. The room once again was clean and spacious. The maids keep it clean on a daily bases. One block from the beach. Where you will find lots of sand and some great music from the Fusion Restaurant. 7 Eleven a few doors over for any snacks. Internet directly across the street. There are stairs so if you have an issue with the walking up or down this may not be your place.
Daniel, owner, maintains things very nicely. He speaks English if you don't speak Spanish.
Staff is friendly, counter staff speaks some English, cleaning staff speaks mostly Spanish.
Thanks Daniel for another nice stay......

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 December 2008

This hotel was fine basically fine for the price. The owner was very nice and easy to deal with. We arrived very late at night and they were more than accommodating. The room was large but basic. There is no communal space nor a pool. It also get be a bit a loud at night and in the morning. It is in the center of everything which is a plus and minus. In retrospect we would have preferred something higher up 5th ave...

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I found the hotel delfin on here and also through their website. I chose them because they offer free internet, well so their website and desk clerks say. They do not. I was looking for an extended stay while I look for an apartment and I had to have internet to work. When I checked in that night the person working did not know the password. No big deal I could wait until morning. In the morning I was given a password, but there was no internet connection. I tried two connections that were not the one that they told me, but as I figured the password did not work because it was not the hotel's. I have notified them of this and I was told that the internet works best in the lobby but does not reach me room at all. Kind of defeats of purpose of having internet in rooms advertised. I wasn't able to get a connection in the lobby either.

Other than the it was good. Basic Mexican hotel. Clean, no frills, inexpensive and great location and friendly staff. Although I would avoid their sandal store. I didn't realize I was paying 500 pesos for a pair of basic rubber flipflops until after it was too late.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bogogal
Reviewed 29 May 2008

The Hotel Delfin has two things going for it: cleanliness and cost. Staff wasn't extremely helpful as some reviews stated. The room was clean, had A/C and was inexpensive compared to other hotels in the vicinity. My main complaint is the photos on the Hotel Delfin website shows a penthouse, which we reserved, but there are two other penthouses and the other one we saw was not the one represented on the website. In addition, the "ocean view" was a view of rooftops and a bit of the ocean. The patio area is separated from the other penthouse with a stick fence and has no shade. We stayed in room #19. I don't recommend it if you have expectations of it looking like the photos! The sheets were stained, but that's something I found throughout my stay in the Yucatan, even at $300 a night cabanas.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dutchqt
Reviewed 19 July 2007

We arrived late and without a reservation and still got a great and cheap room, with aircond., a small fridge, tv and all, for a really fare price. Its location couldnt be better, on la 5ta avenida featuring the best restaurants, shops and bars.. If youre looking for a quiet place to relax this hotel wont suit you, but to enjoy Playa del Carmen village this is the place to go...just a 5 min walk from the beach!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2007

No Disco, No Bar, No Restaurant, Just clean cool comfortable rooms in primary location on the main street corner that couldn’t be closer to all that goes on in Playa Del Carmen. The owner’s Dan and Mirian, who built the hotel nearly twenty years ago, can tell you their favorite restaurants and hang outs of the locals or wonder in any direction and take in the melting pot of cultures and the independent shops they have created. Beach access is the closest you can get from 5th Ave (the Main Street). Bus access is close by and taxis wait across the street. I am also giving The Delfin a high rating for its ambiance and location.

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank Colin888
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 March 2006

Just three blocks from Playa del Carmen bus station and one block from the white sandy beaches of Mexico's Caribbean coast, Hotel Delfin is the perfect place to stay on La Quinta Avenida. Hotel Delfin is located in all of the action, but finding peace and relaxation is easy as well. Hotel Delfin took my reservations with less than a week's notice and Daniel and Roberto provided incredible service...our room was cleaned daily to perfection and the simple but charming rooms provided the perfect central location for myself and my four 25-year old friends to hang out between lying on the beach, shopping, renting motor-scooters and dining out and enjoying Mexico's finest tequila! This is the perfect small and affordable hotel in Playa del Carmen. This was my third trip to Playa and my third hotel... it was muy Bueno!

• Stayed: February 2006