“The perfect casa for a 40th birthday fiesta”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
neotrinit...
San Francisco
“The perfect casa for a 40th birthday fiesta”
Reviewed 17 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I was responsible for finding a villa for 12 people to celebrate my best friend's 40th birthday, and found Villa Prieto through Luxury Retreats. Our experience was excellent and I would definitely stay there again.Tony and his staff are awesome - very friendly, helpful, attentive and responsive. The beach (THE BEACH!!) is the best in the world and only a few minutes away from the casa. Tony's staff would help us with umbrellas and chairs along with a cooler of beverages accessible to us throughout the day. There were no bars on the beach as all of those places are "all inclusives" which made it inconvenient to get drinks/food if we wanted them. But anytime we needed something, Tony made it happen.

The casa is absolutely beautiful and spotless throughout our stay. It was a perfect place for what we needed. My only wish was that I booked directly with Tony instead of Luxury Retreats as a few things I had requested during my original booking did not get passed through. Plus, the one only ding (and very minor) was that we have high standards for good Mexican food... unfortunately the cooking was just so-so. Otherwise, we loved having the service available! Overall, a great experience and I will definitely rent again with Tony!

Alan R
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 29 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

One of the best places to chill and have a good time in Playa car, the house is beautiful, the food was great and the best thing is that is close to the amazing Caribbean Sea. Also the host is nice and CA give lots of info so you can visit the best places in quintana roo.

Would visit again.

Travelling group: Friends
SamWinber...
Waterloo, Iowa
“Wonderful house”
Reviewed 29 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Our group of 8 adults had planned a trip to Cabo but after the hurricane hit Cabo we had to quickly change plans and only had a few weeks to do so. After speaking with Tony we booked this house and it was wonderful. Tony's team was available 24/7 with anything we needed and were very helpful ith planning excursions, making reservations and recommending wonderful places to eat, visit, shop, etc. Chewy, the concierge is available at all times to assist with travel arrangements, make calls, and would escort your group anywhere you wanted to go if you liked. he came in handy many times when we had communication issues and was wonderful about showing us the nightlife. The maid Margarita cleaned everyday and kept the place very nice. The other staff members Chaparo and alexis were wonderful as well. They would pack a cooler for you, and take everything you needed to the beach and set up the umbrellas and chairs and bring them back to the house when they were finished. Tony did a great job keeping in touch with us weeks prior to the vacation date letting us know that the transportation from the airport was set up and even sent me links of activities and places to see during our visit. We had a great time and will be coming back to stay with Tony and his staff in the future1

Friends getaway Large groups
Kaychere
“A long weekend of pampering and adventure!”
Reviewed 27 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I stayed at Villa Prieto for four days with a group of friends. We (10 of us total) were all very comfortable and pleased with the house. The owner, Tony, and his staff went above and beyond in welcoming us and ensuring a fun time. From the mariachi band at arrival to massages on the beach, they coordinated everything! The food was amazing and the house was spotless. The staff went out of their way to fulfill our wishes from setting up chairs and umbrellas at the beach to chopping down coconuts in the backyard for fun drinks. Tony also accompanied us girls on our excursions and outings to ensure all went as planned. It was such a good trip. Thank you again Tony and Staff!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
ecthegrea...
Seattle, Washington
“Fabulous Family Reunion in beautiful Playa Del Carmen”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

Our family of 16 people stayed here including children as young as 18 months to 6 years and adults to 68 years old and it was a wonderful, amazing vacation!

Tony and his team bend over backwards for you and are on call 24x7. We had all meals prepared and served which was a dream come true. His team also would take everything we needed with 8 kids to the beach hauling umbrellas, chairs, coolers and then bring it all back when we were ready to return home. True butler service!

We also enjoyed several in home massages which were a wonderful treat and the house is very centrally located to town.

Tony is really the best person I have worked with in terms of planning a vacation with so many people, dealing with my myriad of mom questions and attentive on hands service while we were there - even getting all the party decorations for my nephew's 1st birthday party.

I would say that if you have kids who are in that "put them on the ground and they literally run off like speedy Gonzales" I wouldn't think this is the best location in terms of your own peace of mind. But if you are going with a big group and have a few kids in that category, Tony manages other villas next door you can put them up in that would allow you to enjoy the villa and also have kids more contained. Meanwhile, the older kids 3 and up LOVED the house and the turtle pond that Tony let the kids feed every day.

Feel free to contact me with any questions and I feel bad this review is so late, Tony really is amazing and my family is STILL RAVING ABOUT THIS AMAZING VACATION.

Hope we can come back soon!

Erin & Fam (we came in from Seattle, Florida, Maryland and LA)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked the pool, the food, the big family room and TONY AND HIS 24x7 service. You cannot beat this customer service.
Liked least: The stairs did make my heart race with the kids running all over the place, but no one was hurt on the stairs once! Not even the adults. :)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
basselr
New York City, New York
“The ideal spot for bachelor parties or any large group”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked this spot last month for what many of my 12 friends later described as "the most epic bachelor party they've ever been to". The owner - Tony - saw to it personally that everyone had an awesome time, and handled all the logistics to make sure we could focus on one thing: seeing the groom off in style.

For starters, the villa is ideal for large groups, with plenty of sleeping and living space, bathrooms, and all the amenities, including an outdoor pool, rooftop with great view, and even a turtle pond (which you never knew you needed until now). Plus it’s a 2-minute walk from a pristine beach

Tony coordinated all of our activities – from providing sports equipment for tennis, soccer, etc… to arranging fishing and snorkeling day trips (where the groom reeled in a 40-pound barracuda)… to all of our nighttime adventures – he took care of it all, knows the area backwards and forwards, and is very resourceful.

The 'on call' chef is an absolute star, preparing delicious meals throughout the day – amazing breakfasts, afternoon fruit platters perfect for post-beach refreshment, and exquisite sit-down dinners. The cleaning staff kept the place immaculate and took care of our laundry, and the driver was there from airport pick-up to airport drop-off.

And crucially, Tony makes all the administrative stuff easy - tracking grocery costs, etc in a way that's totally transparent and gives comfort that it’s all above-board and honest.

Next time we're in Playa Del Carmen, we're 100% heading back to Villa Prieto!

Friends getaway Large groups
Tom S
Houston, Texas
“Great vacation. Better than any resorts.”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

It was my first time at a Villa, so I had my concerns. But the host was extremely helpful and welcoming. He has great group of staff who cooked and cleaned after us. After arriving there, we were greeted with breakfast and drinks. The host arranged all the transportation for us. The host helped us to find the supermarket around town so that we could buy groceries and find taxi so that we could go party at the night clubs.

The private beach is beautiful. It is not too crowded and the host set up the umbrellas and chairs before we got there.

He also did our laundry and made sure that the staff kept all the rooms clean. I was not worried about leaving my personal belongings at the house when I left to explore La Playa.

If you like to run, the host will also show you his 6k route that he takes with a running group which is very nice. I had a great time over there. I was not going to playa to just drink 24/7. I wanted a vacation when I can have fun at night, but relax in the beach with my friends. So this was the perfect combination for me.

The only time he forgot to do something was when he was suppose to make us breakfast before we left for the airport on the last day. But it was pretty hectic that day so it is not a big deal.

I will be going again next year as soon as I can get 4 more couples together.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Hospitality
Liked least: Nothing I can remember
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing