This is a great hotel. It is hard to find a hotel that is quiet enough for a family with small children, but this almost did the trick. There was just one major problem... The construction next door. They were tearing down a wall and 5 of the 7 days of our stay, there was very loud pounding all day. It is fine if you are gone all day, but if you have a child who needs to nap, they will have trouble doing so as the noise is ear piercing, random and unpredictable. As long as what is being built next door isn't a night club or a bar with loud music til all hours, this will be our new go-to hotel in playa. We have come here every year for years and have lived here, and as playa changes and we have a family, it gets increasingly hard to find a quiet hotel. We really recommend this location if you don't want to be up until 6am every day which is exactly what you'll get going closer into town.
Nice pool (very shallow for our one year old to stand in to shoulders which he loved)
Two jacuzzis on rooftop
"Quiet" minus construction and a bar's music on the last night of our stay
Across the street from best seafood
Close to Playa Mamitas
Fridge, microwave and blender
No coffee maker in unit
A/C is either super cold or off and it beeps loudly when it hits set temp (turns on/off)
Hard to fit much in fridge because they stock it with stuff you can purchase
We stayed in a junior suite which was large enough to stay very comfortably for a week. Disappointed we didn't have a couch like many of the pictures, but two uncomfortable chairs instead.
The pros certainly outweigh the cons, but I wouldn't stay there this coming week if I had a little one trying to sleep... That pounding made for a sleepy child! Not what you want on vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer you the ultimate comfort, experience in our minimalistic style in every one of our 16 fully equipped luxurious suites. Allow yourself to be pleased by the friendly touch of our personnel and our taste for detail. Refresh at the pool area or just watch the sunset in a Jacuzzi on our exclusive roof lounge while you enjoy an exotic drink and the paradisiacal taste of the Mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Bambu Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bambu Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Bambu Suites Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen