My family and I have been traveling to Playa del Carmen every year since 2006 and we love all things about Playa. In August 2011, we went to a timeshare presentation at Aldea Thai. The hotel itself appears to be beautiful and is in a great part of Playa. As a result, we were excited - as it turns out, we were foolish - when the sales person at Aldea Thai offered us a great price on a "resale" to assume the final set of payments for a widow who currently owns 4 fixed weeks at Aldea Thai. We signed the paperwork and, over the next few days, we were constantly checking our email to get our membership information so we could book a Thanksgiving stay at Aldea Thai.
A week or so later, while we were still in Mexico, we received an email containing information about a Gold Crown Resort membership, which is apparently what we had been sold. As a previous reviewer mentioned, we could not find Aldea Thai on the Gold Crown Resort Website, at which time we went back to Aldea Thai to confront the folks who sold us our membership. After making a total of 4 in-person visits to Aldea Thai over the span of 2 days, during which time we were told a bunch of bold-faced lies by 4 different representatives of the hotel (including promises of a free Thanksgiving week stay at the hotel), we were finally told that we did not actually have any access to make reservations at the hotel. Even though we should have been more careful about accepting an offer which seemed too good to be true, the depth and breadth of the lies we were told during our numerous interactions with the folks at the hotel should serve as a strong word of caution for anyone who wants to buy or stay at the hotel. PLEASE BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL AND WARY!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A door to modern luxury, The Thai is a high class condohotel where the sophistication of the Thai-Balinese spirit blends with the laid back soul of the Mexican Caribbean. The creative design of The Thai is constituted of a giant swimming pool, thatched roofs, Asian-fashion decor and outdoor pool fountains while built in commercial venues such as a restaurant and a fitness center added to the comfortable feel of the property. The magnificent suites of Aldea Thai integrate a great number of conveniences such as deluxe furnishings and hi-tech features. Facing the most notorious, sandy beach of Playa del Carmen, The Thai embraces stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and the fun environment of Mamitas Beach Club. All of what Aldea Thai has to offer will turn your vacation at the Riviera Maya into an unforgettable experience to enjoy the best of every world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen