We booked Aldea Thai for 1 week in March. We are two women in our late 40s and were thrilled with the videos and photos of this hotel/condo. We were not disappointed. The place was beautiful and clean. The location is ideal with the beach only steps away and every dining and shopping option within walking distance. There are at least 5 restaurants just downstairs on either side of the street. We walked to both the Mega grocery store and the Walmart to stock our well equipped kitchen and ended up cabbing home for a few bucks rather than carry water, beer, wine and groceries. All the excitement of 5th Avenue is a perfectly safe, 2 block walk.
We arrived several hours before our 'check-in' but the girls in the office were quick to offer us a place to change and provide us with a place to store our luggage while we walked into town to kill a few hours. They had even offered us a room to rest in while we waited as we had not slept the night before due to our travels. When we got our room, I have to admit we were disappointed. Not because the room wasn't beautiful because it was clean and offered everything we needed. We had thought we had booked a Suite and were put in a Studio. This was not a fault of the resorts but of miscommunication between our booking agent. We spend the first night in our Studio on the second floor of the South Tower. Our balcony faced, for at least 12 hours of each day, 30 construction workers. We simply asked Renee in the office if there was anyway we could upgrade to a better located room. Within an hour she had arranged that we move to an amazing room with a rooftop terrace for 2 nights and then move to another for the duration of our vacation. I realize that due to prebooking of rooms she had to shuffle us around but she worked very hard at ensuring that we enjoyed our vacation. I was thoroughly impressed with Renee and the girls in the office. We did pay an upgrade, but it was so worth the extra fee. The street below does generate some noise, but it was simply music and traffic. We actually enjoyed it. When we tired of it we closed our balcony door and it was gone. The rooftop terrace, although not overly private was exceptional. We rarely saw anyone else using their terraces during the day. We never heard anything in our unit during the night from the roof or the street, even though the terraces obviously had been used at night. All in all we had a spectacular time and would definitely book again, especially now that we are familiar with the place and can be more specific with a room request. Definately would pay for an upgrade. Special Thanks again to Renee!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A door to modern luxury, The Thai is a high class condohotel where the sophistication of the Thai-Balinese spirit blends with the laid back soul of the Mexican Caribbean. The creative design of The Thai is constituted of a giant swimming pool, thatched roofs, Asian-fashion decor and outdoor pool fountains while built in commercial venues such as a restaurant and a fitness center added to the comfortable feel of the property. The magnificent suites of Aldea Thai integrate a great number of conveniences such as deluxe furnishings and hi-tech features. Facing the most notorious, sandy beach of Playa del Carmen, The Thai embraces stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and the fun environment of Mamitas Beach Club. All of what Aldea Thai has to offer will turn your vacation at the Riviera Maya into an unforgettable experience to enjoy the best of every world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen