“Inexpensive, but the tacos are not good”

La Patrona de Playa
Ranked #198 of 1,267 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
LA
“Inexpensive, but the tacos are not good”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I had tacos here. The taco meat looked like leftover scraps they dug up from the waste bin. The food at this place is low cost, but I won't return because of the poor quality of the meat.

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
Atlanta
“Decent food & affordable prices”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I decided to try this place out after being thoroughly disappointed with another restaurant closer to my hotel. La Patrona is definitely what I would consider casual dining, but the food is honestly very well prepared. The staff is friendly and attentive even though its a self seat establishment (which perhaps is just the norm in Mexico) my table was always attended to within a few minutes of my sitting. I'd only gone to this restaurant for breakfast, but the first visit was so good I went back the next day. For 50 pesos I got fresh fruit, a Mexican omelette, and coffee (and good attitudes which is priceless first thing in the morning). I enjoyed the food and service and would recommend if you are trying to eat well on a budget.

• Visited December 2013
Cozumel, Mexico
“Taco's Taco's and the breakfast is the best deal in town!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Right across from the famous CoCo Bongo on 12th and 10th in Playa del Carmen Mexico is a nice little Mexican restaurant.. that has the best prices in the Mayan Riviera and it is so yummy!
I always go there for breakfast because you get fruit,juice coffee and and omelet for 59 pesos..plenty for refills and tortillas or bread too.
But the lunch yesterday arachera with cheese tacos i could have eaten 6 but i stopped at 3 were so tender and the special sauces so good you just want to graze!
beer and 3 tacos and chips for 8 USD.. where can you get that?
one block off of 5th avenue where you spend 25 USD for the same meal and it doesn't taste as good!

• Visited November 2013
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“OMG!!!!! My mouth is watering”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Tortas Al Pastor was hands down the best thing I have ever eaten in my life!!!! We were in Playa Del Carmen for 5 days and we had 4 meals at La Patrona. Not only was the food out of this world, it was incredibly inexpensive campared to restaurants on the main drag (5th) La Patrona was off the beaten path but walking distance and well worth the walk!!! Playa was not my favorite vacation spot but I would go back just to eat at La Patrona. Our trip was 5 months ago and I still can't get that sandwich off my mind.

• Visited June 2013
Playa del Carmen
“local food and great”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

right on 10th avenue and 12 st, great local restaurant with really good local food...famous for tacos pastor

Visited September 2013