“Very good!”
Review of Mayan Bistro

Mayan Bistro
Ranked #45 of 1,258 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Escape the hustle and bustle of 5th Ave and dine with us in our beautiful gardens just a block off 5th Ave on 22nd. Our service is friendly and sincere while our cuisine is an international blend that reflects the diverse culinary backgrounds and experience of our chefs. We are sure you will love our food as much as we do!! Oh yeah we also have the biggest wine pour in all of Playa!!
“Very good!”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The food here was incredible, even the plain-old chichen quesadillas we had for lunch one day. During the day the service was fantastic - servers were very attentive, friendly and helpful. One evening however we dropped in and it seemed like the staff was more interested in the television than paying attention to the guests. Aside from that it would have been a 5 star review.

Alameda, California
“Much Improved”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Just spent some time down in Playa. Always stay at the Aventura which houses this restaurant. There has been a change in the management here and what an improvement! Christopher, the manager, is a breath of fresh air. He is friendly, available, always has a smile on his face and a warm greeting for all. The staff, Nicholas and Gabby in particular, are wonderful, the food is much improved. I had the grilled fish one night, grouper, and it was delicious. The Pina Coladas are to die for, had to have at least two each day. I was very happy to see such an improvement in the atmosphere and food. Check it out next time you're down there.

Cleveland, Ohio
“2 for one happy hour”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The staff and location were just a bonus
The food was excelent I had chicken mole both visits
Do not miss the coconut ice cream

• Visited January 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Some Excellent Staff And A Superb Bartender”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

First off the service was great apart from when one of the staff was on a day off. Nicolas, who waited at breakfast and lunch was excellent and his cheery disposition was a joy to behold. Gaby, who waited the evening meal was also excellent and nothing was too much trouble. The menu is only a few pages long and covers most dishes, however, if you want something in particular and it is not on the menu then ask and the chef will oblige providing the ingredients are in. I found the food very good but not overly spicy as you would get in an English/American chain restaurant. The Celery & Gorganzola soup was a particular passion.
Jorges, the bartender, was fantastic. His professionalism and expertise are second to none and one of his cocktails is a must. The Sangria is a work of art!

1 Thank thotspur
Camp Hill, PA
“Great little place”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I found this place taking a walk through town and stopped in for a couple of beers (2-4-1 Negro Modelos for 40p). I was greeted by and chatted with Chris and Nicholas and decided my wife and I would have lunch.

I had chicken tacos and she had a fish sandwich which were quite good. My wife likes red wine and this was one of the few places we found a decent selection with a good price for the portion. The restaurant has an indoor seating area and an outside area behind the restaurant. What I appreciated was the quiet as it was off the hustle and bustle of Quinta (5th Avenue).

I stopped by a couple of other times to just have a couple of beers and was remembered and welcomed by Chris and Nicholas. The friendliness of the staff and ambience were great. My wife and I will put this on our short list of must eat places for our next trip.

1 Thank jerryk1948