“excellent food, superb customer service”
Review of Mayan Bistro

Mayan Bistro
Ranked #53 of 1,280 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Escape the hustle and bustle of 5th Ave and dine with us in our beautiful gardens just a block off 5th Ave on 22nd. Our service is friendly and sincere while our cuisine is an international blend that reflects the diverse culinary backgrounds and experience of our chefs. We are sure you will love our food as much as we do!! Oh yeah we also have the biggest wine pour in all of Playa!!
Mission, Texas, United States
“excellent food, superb customer service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had to try this restaurant since we were staying at aventura mexicana, and I am glad we did! Since we got there, we were treated very nice and our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu. He suggested the tequila shrimp which my husband ordered and I ordered the mole chicken, we had our girls with us, one ordered the calzone and the other one the burrito. All the food came out in a timely manner and presented very well! The portions were also good. The tequila shrimp were perfectly cooked and boasted with flavor. My mole chicken was excellent, I have to say I always have a problem with this plate at restaurants, because the chicken breasts always end up dry and hard, but to my surprise the chicken was juicy and soft and the mole sauce was delicious! My daughters also liked their meals, the calzone may daughter said tasted good wand that the marinara was very flavorful. My other other daughter said the burrito was also god and all the stuff inside was well seasoned and went good together. In all we really enjoyed our visit to this restaurant and when we come back to playa we will definitely visit again!

• Visited July 2014

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Distinctively Average”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have to agree with what seems to be the minority that this restaurant is over-rated on Trip Advisor.

The menu looks so very enticing but simply does not deliver to the quality expected.

Overall, I was quite disappointed with the quality of food on offer in Playa and this place, supposedly one of the better places to eat in Playa, typified that view.

It was certainly overpriced for what you got as well.

I agree with others that the service was good, Nicholas leading the way on that front, and I wonder if that alone has skewed the reviews in favour of Mayan Bistro...

• Visited December 2013
iowa
“In the adventura mexicana”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We really like this neighborhood. Many great restaurants nearby.
Have eaten here often. Like to stay at the Adventura or the Hacienda across the street. Meals are always good.

Visited April 2014
“Excellent combination”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Looking for a place to have some diner we found this restaurant without looking for it, we were really hungry so it was a desperate call however the service, provided by Nicolas, and the quality of the food made us love it. You have to try it if you're around!!! The almond soup is fantastic!! Congrats to the chef!!!

Tomball, Texas
“Best Food in Playa del Carmen!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The menu has many options to suit a multiple of tastes. The food is freshly and cooked to order. The shrimp and seafood dishes (starters and entrees both) were excellent. I will definitely eat at the Mayan Bistro when I return to Playa del Carmen!

Visited July 2014