“Awesome authentic Mexican food”
Review of El Carnicero - CLOSED

El Carnicero
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: El carnicero ​ The best steak house in Playa del Carmen, which offers fine fire-grilled steaks, fresh seafood and fish, chicken and Italian classics.​At “El Carnicero”, you can find competitive prices and treat yourself to delicious, angus beef prime: 100% mexican. Carefully selected and brought from the northwest of the country.Further more, every morning we wake up early to go with the fishermen and choose the best fresh fishes for you!!!​Come on in and enjoy our delicious Italian dishes and bring a taste of “El Carnicero” to your home buying directly with us the steaks of your preference... This is what makes unique at "El Carnicero"!!!!Come eat with us at "El Carnicero"!!! Sincerely,The Management and Staff
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I guess the name says it all, but we did not go there for meat. We wanted an authentic Mexican taco. So we got fish and chicken tacos. To die for. They were the best I've had. Must try the spicy habanero salsa they come with. Beer, at $2.50 american, yes please. All in all we had four beers, two plates of tacos and nachos to start for around $30.00. So wish I could eat there every day. Next time, meat is on the menu!

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Was looking for a Thai restaraunt and the staff of El Carnicero provided a great recommendation to Babe's. In response, we took another look at El Carnicero's menu and stayed for dinner.

We started with cheese flambe with chorizo which was very tasty - great cheese and sauces. Watch out for the habenero - it is dynamite.

I had a New York steak with grilled vegetables and grilled onion for my main. Great presentation and taste all around.

Finished with Sweet Corn Cake - a traditional Mexican dessert - very nice.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

We ordered the fajitas and were very happy... nicely seasoned, good price for 5th ave., very tender... excellent meal!

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Before everything: sorry for my english.
I was a little surprised when I find El Carnicero in the 27th place of the list, and even more when I found some quite normal restaurants in the first places of the Trip Advisory... So, I decide to write a review...maybe as a playense I don't understand what are the expectations of most people, all I will never doubt in include El Carnicero in the very special Top 10 of my own.

Reviewed 26 February 2011

We ate three times at this wonderful little restuarant while in Playa for 10 days. Unpretentious, friendly, and attention to detail. I had the grouper as well as the shrimp in garlic butter one eve. Delightful dining. Looking forward to our return.