“Diving with friends”
Review of The Reef Marina

The Reef Marina
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI Dive Resort located in Playa Del Carmen in Mexico Mayan Riviera, on the beach of the hotel All Inclusive “The Reef Playacar Resort & SPA”.The Reef Marina is a recreational and professional PADI dive center and school. Diving and snorkeling tours are available in Playa Del Carmen,the cenotes and Cozumel.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great dive team,and great dives ! The dive team took care of the least experience diver so they could have a great trip also! Well done !!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
All reviews
"isla mujeres"
"small group"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Want to dive? Want to get certified? Want knowledgeable instructors and an amazing time?

Look at the Reef Marina in Playacar. Lucio and Fabian were my instructors on my open water certification start to finish. It was 14+ years since I had last been diving and they made the experience of getting certified both exciting and knowledgeable. Both are very positive instructors who have a great time with what they do. I got my 4 dives in and had wonderful experiences and got to see some amazing things. I highly recommend these guys. They will make you feel welcome, safe and secure.

If you need, drop in and take in one of their scuba demo's in the pool. You will want to be out on the water with them after that. From all that I talked to, hands down, this is the place to go and the people you want to have by your side if you need instruction, a refresher or are a just looking to get in a couple dives while in Playa Del Carmen.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I took a diving refresher course here and did 2 reef dives a short boat ride from the Reef Resort. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable diving with them. It had been a few years since my last dive, and the refresher course was helpful to get my confidence back. The currents were fairly strong on the day we went out, but the instructor gave great pre-dive instructions. I was diving with 2 newly certified divers and the instructor made sure they were comfortable and safe. If you go diving on the reef from the resort the staff will load the tanks on the boat for you. You will need to get the rest of the gear on the boat yourself from the beach, and the boat is anchored just past the small breaking waves. Wear motion sickness bands on your wrists or take other seasickness precautions if you are prone to motion sickness.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My family and I spent a wonderful week diving with the Reef Marina dive shop. They are a small operation offering personal service. We dove the local sites as well as went on the Cozumel dive trip,cenote cavern dive and the whale shark excursion. We particularly enjoyed diving with divemaster Lucio. He is very experienced and skillful at finding something new on each dive. Furthermore, he was just as fun to be around above water as under it. The most memorable day was snorkeling with the whale sharks, truly awesome creatures. Bruno, the dive shop manager led us on this tour. He seemed as excited to be swim with the whales as we were. In general, Bruno was very accomadating and eager to ensure that we had a great experience at his dive shop. I highly recommend this dive shop.

1  Thank barb c
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Book now! Wonder no more. Fantastic week with a skilled dive staff who managed our group of 21 with cheerful enthusiasm and great local knowledge. Dive briefings were thorough and included diagrams of each location and what conditions and features to be alert for. Our excellent value package included three two-tank reef dives, a day of snorkeling with whale sharks, and two dives in the cenotes, underwater freshwater caverns. Many of us added more dives! Surface intervals were on lovely little beaches and the dive masters brought water and cookies every time. The dive team had a great gear management system to keep track of everyone's stuff and they rinsed and prepped all the gear each night and had it all ready each morning. Whale shark day included not only the marine experience with fabulous guide but also excellent resort lunch, pool time, and afternoon excursion including golf carts to explore Isla Mujeres.

I would do this trip again in a heartbeat!