I actually don't know the right words to describe this hotel. I read a few reviews on this portal before booking this hotel and knew that the majority liked it. I can only second that.
My wife and I rented a car from CUN airport to get to the hotel and other places in and around Playa del Carmen. Tho hotel was easy to find and about 50km from the airport. The hotel offers free parking in a secure garage in the basement. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. I even asked Pablo for advise on where to jog and he suggested a great course through a (more or less) 'green' area.
Here are some of the Pros and Cons:
* Free parking
* walk four minutes to 5th avenue
* walk eight minutes the beach
* free breakfast at a restaurant (about 4 minutes to walk), breakfast to choose from was continental breakfast with fruit plate, granola, toast OR scrambled eggs Mexican style OR Italian breakfast with croissant. The portions are ok but hey - who wants to eat big portions in the morning anyway, huh? Breakfast also included juice and/or coffee
* own pool with sun beds (always available)
* great room with great A/C, wonderful mattress
* 10% discount for a beach bar/club including sun beds
* in room refrigerator
* in room deposit box (ask for key at the reception desk)
* 5 minute walk to Wal Mart (to buy cheap beverages, food, goodies etc.)
* free beach and pool towels (ask at the reception desk, don't forget to return them)
* very clean!
Cons (please don't get me wrong - the cons weren't a big deal, really):
* Room lacked some hooks or racks for towels so be creative when you want to dry your beach towels :)
* Access to the garage is only possible by walking around the hotel
* the intersection is really dangerous. We've seen two accidents happening in just a 4 day period. It's definitely not the hotel's fault. This is more of a well meant advise to you guys to just be careful when crossing the street there.
Any other advise I may have?
Buy your beverages at Wal Mart or Mega. These stores aren't very far away. You will save a lot of dough if you buy your beer or water right there. Other convenience stores charge more. Wal Mart also sells touristy goodies for less than on 5th avenue but the stores in the city center will negotiate with you :) Sun glasses and sun screen are also way cheaper there than in the stores along 5th avenue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cache Hotel Boutique, is a urban contempory hotel located in the heart of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Just two streets away from the famous 5th Avenue and three streets away from the beach. The location of this hotel allows you a easy access to all of the touristic highlights, restaurants and shopping centres. Cache Hotel Boutique hosts 26 deluxe double or twin rooms recently refurbished and located around the pool area. Each room is designed with a combination of white and pastel colours making a innovative decoration characterized by a elegant and tasteful touch for the minimalist taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cache Hotel Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cache Hotel Boutique Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen