“Dont waste your time or money” 1 of 5 bubbles

El Sazon de Mexico
Ranked #646 of 1,217 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Warba, Minnesota
“Dont waste your time or money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Our taxi driver talked us into this place and he was obviously paid by the place because what a total disappointment! This was actually the worst food I have ever ate in my life. Although the food was horrible the waiter was excellent and very attentive.

Visited December 2013

Serris, France
“Desayuno at El Sazon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We tried a breakfast here and I wasn't disappointed.

They start at 38$ and all included a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and either coffee or tea.
We had the El Sazon at 43$ - so orange juice, coffee and a plat of Chilaquiles with chicken (you could have with eggs instead) and salsa roja (you could choose salsa verde).

It was a decent portion made to order in the open kitchen and was more than enough for me.

The service was good and everything looked really clean. The restaurant is nicely decorated and feels homely.

I would go back for one of their set meals or to try some of the a la carte dishes as they seemed to have a wide range of typical dishes to try.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank charliehonk
Calgary, Canada
“Enjoyable Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

This restaurant has good value, especially for the price. Their food is always good. We go there often for a reliable, delicious meal. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal. You also feel at home eating here.

We normally have fish or beef with ham, pepper, and onion.

• Visited June 2013
Lethbridge, Canada
“El Sazon de Mexico - I miss you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

El Sazon de Mexico was recommended to us by a local. It’s not a ”touristy” place at all. We stayed in Playa del Carmen for 5 weeks, and this restaurant has become one of our favourite spots. Their food is always fresh, simple (in a good way!) and tasty. The service is great and friendly. The prices are very affordable. Their cooks and staff are real people with genuine smiles. I wish I could go back and have another taste of fish; however, my husband might disagree with me and order one of HIS favourite dishes or perhaps all of them at once! :)

To the staff of El Sazon de Mexico, if they ever see this:
Thank you for your hospitality and for the chaya plant you gave me! Hello from Canada.
Gracias por su hospitalidad y gracias por la planta chaya que me diste!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank idti
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“very good breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

very good breakfast here, including fresh squeezed orange juice, for 38 pesos. A real bargain!

1 Thank ffvaz