Stayed here for a week with our 13 year old daughter. We chose the Junior Family suite which worked out well for us. Hotel was great! Service was great! Food was great! The two ala carte dining choices were fantastic. We argued about which one was better. I thought Marias was the best and the girls liked the Italion place best by a slim margin. Service was better at Marias but still great at each. The buffett was very good. Nice variety and did not dissapoint. The snack bar area on the beach was a nice treat each day. We did not try the seperate sushi bar. We did have room service several times. That was our daughters favortie. She even stayed in one night and Mom and I got to have a romantic dinner alone. Room service was a really nice addition.
Poolside service was the best! Jesus took excellent care of me and made sure that I was happy the entire time. We did two excursions, 1. Xcaret which I highly reccomend and the 2. Was snorkeling through the resort. OK 3. was scuba diving through the resort just for me and that was excellent. We went just a few minutes away and I saw 12 sea turtles on my 1 dive.
Location was excellent with a nice large private beach but still very close 5th Ave shopping. Shopping was alot of fun and I hate to shop :)
Only couple small gripes. I wish they had a real suite to offer. The family junior suite was great but I did wish I had a seperate bedroom. The liquor dispensor in the room was cheapo liquor that was so bad I could not drink it. I would have preffered some call liquors. Not expecting top shelf but drinkable. That said, I did not go without. Lastly, there were no top shelf liquors at all. I am not sure what to expect but I would have preffered a little better selection and some higher end stuff. Cuervo was the good tequila, and Canadian Club the better blend. Somehow I still made it work :) They had alot of great frozen drinks that were yummy though. Also, one of the things that brought us here was the "T Zone" teens club. That was really important to our daughter. Turns out it was little more than a large closet with some video game machines. She did not go there at all, there were no activities that we knew of just for the teens and we did not see any other kids there, She did however have a great time and loved the place.
Did I mention that Jesus was an awesome waiter by the pool? A little extra tipping goes a long way. He was always there with a smile and frosty cool beverage.
OK, last part. The activities were fun. We didn't have time to do everything but it was great to engage in other activities which were many or just sit and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Panama Jack Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Panama Jack Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen