My sons, a friend and I recently vacationed at the Gran Porto Real early April, 2014.
Overall, it was a heavenly vacation with the outstanding service, food, accommodation, cleanliness and an added bonus of great weather!
The Gran Porto is within walking distance of the town, shops on 5th avenue and a selection of restaurants and Coco Bongo club, which is a must visit!
Pretty good - The main Albatross buffet and outdoor grill, included Sushi, Mexican and Italian restaurants adjacent to the resort with flowing alcoholic drinks at the resort and on the beach.
The main buffet was pretty good with daily variety. The Italian restaurant Il Pescatore, a-la-carte, was our favourite. Reservations required for this restaurant through Guest Services. The steak was truly outstanding and Jaime provided excellent service!!! The Mexican restaurant, Maria’s, was pretty good with César’s good service, no reservations required.
The 24hr internet/bar area that had snack food at all times was an added availability.
Warm, friendly, helpful and courteous!
special mention to Rigoberto, a server in the Albatross buffet area. If you enjoy special coffees, please make sure and ask for Rigoberto, who was the only one to offer us a choice of Mayan, Irish, Spanish coffees when we had dinner 2 nights at the main buffet restaurant. It was a real treat\show to see the flaming process and it added to the enjoyment of the coffees for all of us.
Special thanks to the other staff who served us at the main buffet area.
Orlando at Guest Services was extremely helpful
Arturo, one of the Entertainment crew was very friendly and the nightly shows were enjoyable
Emanuel who kept our room immaculate and made the outstanding towel creations daily
The smiling Ezequiel at the towel station and Mario at BD Travel.
We had a Junior Suite Ocean front overlooking the bar\pool. What an incredible view we had from the balcony. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The towel creations were creative and a wonderful surprise to walk into every night.
Upon late arrival at Gran Porto Real after a 2-hour flight delay, due to the hotel overbooking, it took a while before we were able to go to The Royal, which turned out to be a fabulous resort in every way. The waiting inconvenience to go over to the Royal and waiting for our rooms at Gran Porto the following day, created a lot of wasted time and was unsettling.
Love the white sand but what a BIG disappointment to find out that there was no swimming area in front of Gran Porto Real. Don't really care for the pool. There are sandbags placed along the beach front and the swimming area is full of rocks, due to Hurricane Wilma. However, a little walk to the neighbouring resorts (The Royal) and beyond, saved the days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen