My fiance, daughter (6) and I enjoyed our holidays last week (Jul 4-11) at Gran Porto Real.
We found the staff of this resort to be caring, kind, and hardworking. There is a kids club which our daughter always enjoyed spending a couple hours at (you can not leave resort if you leave your child there). We found the property quite busy and never did manage to get a poolside bed with an umbrella :( as there were so few and they always got taken by people putting their towels down (and sometimes never coming back). We enjoyed the food at buffet and a la carte's and found the 24-hour snack bar very convenient.
The one negative, was the time share-like sales pitch they put us through on my birthday (of all days). Yuck - it was not fun and the pitch was super pushy and we ended up standing and leaving. Just avoid this; unless, of course, you are in the market to pay $20K+ for they "points" memberships.
Anyway, one of the GM's (Eduardo) treating my fiance and I to a lovely private romantic dinner on the beach which was a gem of a time and made up for the sales pitch morning.
There is not much of a beach front at this property. It is lined with sandbags, thick seaweed, and high drops not making it at all possible o use the beachfront. We walked along the shore to other beaches (Mamitas, I think it is called) to enjoy the beach.
Hopefully this helps.
Our waiter, Carlos in the buffet was wonderful, as were a lot of the other staff.
Lastly, it is worth the upgrade to a Jr. Suite as the regular rooms are very small and for the most part do not have balconies. Our suite was gorgeous and everyday new animals were made with the towels which made my little girl light up with delight.
All-in-all, a wonderfully memorable holiday and we may go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen