We just returned from an 8 day stay at the Gran Porto Real and couldnt be more pleased with the Hotel, food and the SERVICE!
My wife, two daughters and additional family (total party of 10) spent the week in Playa del Carmen and LOVED the Gran Porto Real. I would not consider myself a "world traveler" by any means, but have stayed in upscale resorts/hotels such as the Intercontinental, the 4 Seasons and the Ritz. While not too many establishments could rival the amenities of the above mentioned hotels, the service at the Gran Porto Real, not only rivaled, but surpassed these hotels.
From the moment we entered the hotel and checked in, we were treated with "world-class" service. From Aaron, who brought up our bags, to Victoria who kept room 267 "spotless", we couldn't have been treated better.
While out by the pool Bernardo gave us helpful hints for excursions and shopping, but by far our favorite staff member was Pablo Heredia who worked tirelessly in the hot sun to keep us refreshed and entertained. He always had a smile on his face and had wonderful words of encouragement and advice for my teenage daughters. (We thank you Pablo!!)
The rooms were spotless and the jr. suite that we were in was very spacious and comfortable. It even had a hammock in the patio that we enjoyed in the evening breeze.
The food was fantastic and plentiful! The Albatross (buffet) was excellent! We had read some lukewarm reviews about the food here on Trip Advisor, but they couldn't be farther from the truth! The selection, variety and quality was incredible at each meal, and the preparation and presentation was first class.
Maria's Mexican restaurant and Il Pescador were excellent! We went as a group of 10 and were treated with great service and everyone loved their food!
The resort has a true "warm" feeling and feels comfortable wherever you are. From the pool, to the beach, to the Spa, to the gym, it was always clean and welcoming. The workers are always cleaning or available to serve your needs. Our entire party had the time of our lives and we are already discussing which dates we will be coming next year. The only drawback was booking for only 8 days! Next year we will book for at least 10 days...the Gran Porto Real rocks!!!
Some more helpful observations for any one considering the Gran Porto Real. This is not one of the "huge" "sterile" resorts that you will find dotted along the coast in Cancun. This hotel is not "small", but it feels very "quaint"....you see very familiar staff faces if you are here more than 2 days and it is nice to be recognized and even called by name!
The pool area is great....some young children, but definitely not filled with kids, which I liked. I also liked that this resort is not crawling with 20-somethings who drink way too much and are way too loud. This is a perfect resort for the family with teens or extended family vacations.
-Never had to wait for food
-Never had to wait for a drink
-Never had to wait for a towel
-Never had to wait for service
-Never had a need for anything that was immediately addressed by some staff member at the Gran Porto Real. If you cant tell, we loved this hotel!!! Thank you Gran Porto Real!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen