“Fun and exciting day tour that exceeded our expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$175.00*
and up
Signature Tour in Playa del Carmen: Snorkeling, Cenote and Catamaran
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 30 years of local experience, we are qualified to show you the Riviera Maya like nobody else can. Your local Quickie will take you to places that are hidden gems off the beaten tourist track and fill you with knowledge and fun that only a local can. Our signature tour (which is NOT PRIVATE) is what has made us famous as it is a land and sea based experience that nobody else can offer. We also specialize in private charters on multiple vessels of many sizes for weddings, rehearsal parties, corporate events, birthdays, baptisms, anniversaries or just for fun. Feel free to come as a guest and leave as a friend. Direct bookings only as you will not find any information about us at your hotels. Allow us the privilege to earn your trust and exceed your expectations.Happy sailing!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cincinnati, Ohio
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Fun and exciting day tour that exceeded our expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Manny, our tour guide was the best, fun, knowledgeable, and energetic tour guide ever! We went to a turtle conservation area to swim with turtles, the cenotes, Tulum, and a private catamaran ride back to the Local Quickies office complemented by drinks and a sunset! In every activity, he prioritized safety while making sure everyone was having a great time. Amy was fantastic in ensuring we had an amazing day. First she changed our reservation due to bad weather, which was definitely appreciated. There was also a mechanical problem with the boat the day before, so Amy called us to let us know what the situation was and gave us the VIP treatment with a private tour and their star tour guide.

Visited December 2013
Quicke71, Owner at Local Quickies, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Captain Quickie here.

Would like to thank you for not just choosing our services and for also writing a truly glowing review of your experience with our small tour company. Amy, my wife and brains behind the operation, does help us exceed expectations in the customer service department. He and Gaby do wonders with the logistics and pickups. We are very blessed with amazing tour guides that I consider family.

You have arrived as a guest and left as a friend. I am glad to hear we exceeded expectations, regardless of the changes in tour and dates due to weather (something completely out of our control) and mechanical issues (Safety being a top priority).

Happy sailing!!!!

Prosper, Tx
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“HIGHLIGHT of our Mexico trip---believe the hype!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am one of those, like you maybe, that pores over every travel review before making my decision to book a trip. I did this with local quickies and could truly not believe they had such high ratings. I booked their signature tour and boy did I make the right choice. From the moment Izzy (fantastic the whole time!) picked us up at our hotel we were VIPs all the way. Our guide, Manny, gave us thorough information about what our day would look like and by ten minutes in, I thought we had known him forever....he was that personable and genuine. NOT ONE TIME during this trip did I feel like Local Quickies was trying to earn an extra a buck with add-ons or tips, which made me want to tip more at the end. We first went to Akumal and Manny and Izzy fitted us with snorkel equipment, making sure it fit perfectly. We went down to the beach and swam out. Admittedly I think there weren't as many turtles out today...we saw about 7 and a stingray, but Manny tried his best...wasn't his fault, but we still thoroughly enjoyed what we saw. Then he took us to his personal cenote that he visited as a boy. It is remote and set in the jungle. We could jump off a pier and into clear water. (Ask Manny what happened to him here when he tried to impress a girl!) We thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful place...very non-touristy. Manny took pictures of us all day with his go-pro....and I was ready to purchase the pictures but then, believe it or not, he told me he would load them all on FB for free and we could get them there....uh, for free. wow! He went over and beyond trying to get the coolest shots of my girls (20,14,9). Then he gave us an option of a seafood restaurant in Tulum or a delicious hole-in-the-wall with pork plates. Hard to decide but we westerners chose the restaurant cause it had wi-fi.....haha. It was delicious! Next he took us to a beach in Tulum where you could see the Mayan ruins up on the hill. We relaxed there for about an hour until the water taxis took us out to the biggest, most gorgeous catamaran in Mexico! We were on this catamaran for about three hours (separate company from Local Quickies) and I am telling you! The boys on this catamaran knocked themselves out to make sure our every need was met. (Manny stayed with us). It wasn't a booze cruise in that people were acting wild but it flowed aplenty. We simply relaxed out on the ropes of the catamaran, enjoying the breeze and sun. A diver brought aboard a bunch of sea creatures that my 9 year old enjoyed holding. THOROUGHLY enjoyed this part too! The scenic views of the coast will always be remembered. At the end, we disembarked in Puerto Aventuras and walked to the Local Quickie office to catch a van back to our hotel. We were so happy I couldn't wait to reward this awesome young man with a tip to thank him for his wholehearted service all day. I am a seasoned and wise traveler, even if I do say so myself, and I have no qualms about vouching for this company all the way. (By the way, I booked it beforehand with Amy and she was fantastic to deal with!)

4 Thank LLPProsper_Tx
Quicke71, Owner at Local Quickies, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hola mi amiga,

Captain Quickie here. Thank you so much for not only choosing us for your special day of fun under the sun while at sea with those near and dear to you, but for this amazing review of our Signature Tour. We realize you have many options and do not take your preference lightly.

EZ (Isaiahs) is my personal assistant and First Mate of the boat I actually am Captain of.. I agree, he is the sweetest and kindest person of my staff. Manny (Torta) is a great guide with 15 years of local experience. I will let them know about your amazing feedback. I feel you also showed up as a guest and left as a friend. We have been so blessed with people like yourself and your family.

Amy, brains behind the operation, and Gaby (our office manager) are the reason our tours goes without many hiccups as they are responsible for the reservations, correspondent and logistics.

devon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“amazing day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Booked the signature tour for 15/07/14. Our guide Gill was great, had a box full of water and soda for free consumtion. We went snorkelling with turtles first at Akumal beach (life jackets are mandatory even if you are visiting beach to snorkel under your own steam). We moved on to a cenote to snorkel the water was crystal clear stopping to pick up fresh advacado to make guacamole on catamaran. Gill gave us a choice of lunch venues and we opted for the most localised one it was a little shack on the side of highway but the pork taccos were delicious. Tulum beach was next it was paradise on earth then we boarded the catamaran and sailed up to port aventuras where the bus was waiting ,The lads on the catamaran were brilliant couldn't do enough for you Thank you to all at local quickies for an amazing day

Quicke71, Owner at Local Quickies, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hola Mi amiga,

Caatain Quickie here. Would like to thank you for the privilege of choosing us to show you the Riviera Maya like no other offer, land and sea. We realize you have many options and do not take your preference lightly.

Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience. I agree, Gil is an amazing part of our company. And yes, the hole in the wall lunch on the side of the road are to die for pulled pork tacos. My wife Amy prefers the more "proper" fish taco restaurant. It is up to the guest what they would prefer. Our point is to show you the side of Mexico you usually do not see at the resorts.

I am glad to know you arrived as a guest and left as a friend. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Glad we chose Local Quickies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I did the Signature Tour on the 4th of July. Our guide Manny was awesome. He was very knowledgable about the area and an all around fun guy to hang out with.

We snorkeled with the turtles first and that was amazing. We saw several large turtles, some coming up for air right next to us. We then went for a swim in a fresh water cenote, nice way to wash off the salt water. It was so refreshing to just hang out in the cool water.

We then went to a beautiful beach near the Tulum ruins and chilled out for awhile waiting to board the catamaran. Once boarded we had a great barbecue lunch, cooked fresh as we were served drinks. The crew on the boat were so friendly and made us feel at home. Captain Quickie was on board and is such a nice guy. He made us all feel welcomed and made sure everybody was having fun.

The highlight of our trip was catching that large, blue Marlin. The crew had fishing lines set up and we caught a marlin on the line. My husband was the first guy to help bring it in. It was a lot of work, 4 guys and almost 2 hours later the Marlin was on board the boat. It was catch and release, I liked that, so a quick picture and it was back in the water. Catching the Marlin made us late coming in but the sail back at sunset was very pretty.
Our driver Jose was there to take us back to our resorts, he was such a nice guy.

The only negative about the whole day was the water taxi driver who took us to the catamaran. He said something rude in Spanish about the female passengers on his boat. Many tourist understand Spanish so watch what you say about people, it was uncalled for. He is the only reason I did not give the tour 5 stars.

Overall our experience with Local Quickies was awesome and I do recommend them if your looking for a small, hands on tour.

4 Thank Shasta24
Quicke71, Owner at Local Quickies, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Captain Quickie here.
I would like to start with thanking you for the privilege of sharing the Riviera Maya with you like nobody else can... Land and Sea. We realize you have many choices and do not take your preference lightly.

I would like to apologize profusely for the incident with the water taxi individual. This is indeed the first I heard about this and wish you would have pointed this out to me that day so that I could have addressed it immediately. That type of behavior is never acceptable and I will be calling Manny in to meet at the beach to address this today as this is unacceptable weather our guests understand or not. Rest assured that this individual will not be involved with any of our tours again once I identify which captain of the local coop that provides us with the water taxi service acted with such ignorant behavior.

I agree, the Blue Marlin that took just under two hours to land was the fireworks for our 4th of July sail day. The grill on the back of the boat is a unique thing we do for the 4th of July as we usually have lunch at a local restaurant enjoying local cuisine.

Independence, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best day on our honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Pick up from hotel was about 9 am.

Our tour was a little different I believe than a regular day. I'm not exactly sure what happened but we ended up going to the Tulum Ruins first to walk around. They gave us bracelets and let us walk around for about an hour. The ruins were great and the beach was absolutely amazing. You can swim on the beach also!

Next we went to swim with sea turtles. Gil was our guide the whole day and did an amazing job. We definitely looked like the most informed and organized group. We saw quite a few turtles, fish, manta ray, tiny squid, and the reef. He did a great job guiding us through the water.

Then they took us to a cenote cave. I also believe this one was different than the typical one they go to. Is was an open air cenote, so basically a giant fresh water pond. It was beautiful. The water was so clear! We got to cliff jump and snorkel through the water. They also provided an authentic Hispanic lunch which was delicious!

Then they took us to the catamaran boat! Its huge! I believe it was 80 feet by 40 feet...give or take a couple feet. Regardless it's the biggest in the Caribbean! The tour was on the open ocean, we sailed for around 3 hours. They had open bar, where the tour guides were so friendly and continued to ask if we needed refills. They also made fresh guacamole!

At the end of the day the owner of the Local Quickie company asked what we were doing there. After hearing it was a honeymoon he gave both of us free shirts!! Also, our hotel was opposite from everyone else's on the shuttle bus so he bought us a taxi back to the hotel to save time for us and the other guests! Couldn't have asked for more! It is no surprise they are number one, they are the best!!!

1 Thank schoffles
Quicke71, General Manager at Local Quickies, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hola Amigos! We are so glad you enjoyed your Honeymoon Quickie ;) Thanks for sharing your experience the whole team here appreciate your feedback, all the best of love and luck from Paradise! Amy