“AWESOME!”
Review of La Mission

La Mission
Reserve with OpenTable
La Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,331 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The popular Cozumel Restaurants Casa Mission, La Mission and Parilla Mission have brought their concept to Playa del Carmen. La Mission offers generous portions of seafood, steaks and Mexican specialities at affordable prices. And their "If you don't like it, you don't pay it" slogan is hard to beat. Proof of this is the preference of locals and visitors.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We will be going back here for sure! Great service! Great Food! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!! We started off at Senor Frogs and all four of us were so disappointed that we left, and asked a local where to eat and he suggested La Mission, and wow I am happy he did! We had seafood platters, chicken tacos, soup(both options), fried cheese, chips with homemade salsa. Our server could not stop smiling and was beyond anything I had expected; this restaurant really turned our night around! Thank you so much xo The Canadians

1  Thank CRadd
Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The food was very very good. Excellent chef! Best lobster that we had on vacation as well as coconut shrimp however, they really know how to make a margarita! Soo good! And that says a lot since we taste tested at many locations during the week!
We walked away feeling spoiled, taste buds fulfilled, awesome presentations of each dish and the best part was we felt as if we got a great deal!
I just can't say enough about the service though. We were a party of 8 and we all felt individually spoiled. It was one of those times I Whispered to my husband "I hope you will tip him very well" just to make sure ;) and it was definitely a team effort. My friend was curious about how good their bean soup was which is not the standard tortilla soup they serve for first course. They actually made her a cup of it from scratch for her first course.
After staying in PDC a week I have found only excellent restaurants on 10th avenido! Don't limit yourself to 5th because you will miss out

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We Googled restaurants in Playa trying to come up with something authentic Mexican that has great lobster and we found La Mission. It's sort of by the bus station in the South part of town, there are inexpensive parking lots next door and across the street. VERY good service and VERY good food and the servings are LARGE. We went for Thanksgiving dinner and got the best service and very delicious food. I got lobster tail and they cooked it to perfection then brought me butter and roasted garlic to smother it in - what could be better. My boyfriend got a specialty shrimp dish and we got coconut shrimp to start. They brought us chips and sales, garlic bread, baked potatoes, lime soup and delicious rice to go along with our meal and found us a special dessert, which I think they gave to us for free. The bill was so reasonable it was almost free!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great food, fresh and well prepared. The staff is friendly and gives outstanding service! I recommend the seafood platter! The drinks are ice cold as well and the guacamole is some of the best I've had in Playa

Reviewed 17 November 2013

As usual, we found a great place off 5th Ave. A taxie driver had told us to try La Mission. Our last night in Playa we found it. It was not hard to find it was just a bit off our usual path. What a nice place ! The food was really great and the price was amoung the best we found in 2 wks ! Three of us had Shrimp and 1 steak. Chips, salsa, hot bread, veggies, a very nice bottle of wine for $250. peso's (12 x 1 US exchange). They have a very nice court yard area at the back of the restraunt where they took pictures for us. I would go back again in a heart beat. Don't be nervous about going off 5th ave. The people are very friendly and helpful.