“wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Mission

La Mission
Reserve with OpenTable
La Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,236 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Soups, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The popular Cozumel Restaurants Casa Mission, La Mission and Parilla Mission have brought their concept to Playa del Carmen. La Mission offers generous portions of seafood, steaks and Mexican specialities at affordable prices. And their "If you don't like it, you don't pay it" slogan is hard to beat. Proof of this is the preference of locals and visitors.
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Let me start by saying we were generally disappointed by the quality of food in Playa as compared to Cabo San Lucas fresh fish. But La Mission was not only tasty and fresh, but abundant AND affordable. 8 of us had appetizers, lime soup( superb), entrees, and drinks for $200 US. The staff bought us 3 flan to share for dessert. You must order the Sexy Coffee. The preparation of this drink is amazing ( all the lights in tbe restaurant are turned off during the preparation) plus it is very good.
The staff was amazing and very attentive to all our needs. They made our dining experience a wonderful memory of this trip.

• Polish first
“Great Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We really enjoyed this place. The food was great and very good service. The food was plentiful at a very reasonable price..
The only reason I gave it four stars instead on five is the fact that after we arrived I needed to get some bug spray for my ankles. The place is open air and the no-seeums were eating me up.

Columbus, Ohio
“Absolutely amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

By far the best food we ate on our trip and only wish we found it sooner! We went with a group of 6 and everyone loved their food. I think the lime soup was the best dish I had the whole time in PDC. My SO and I got the surf and turf platter (best lobster I have ever had), the mexican platter, a sangria, 2 cokes, and the included chips, guac, salsa, soup, and desert for about 370 pesos. I am a foodie, and usually vacation based on food, this place blew me away!

Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Huge portion, delicious, cheap!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Surf and turf was fabulous and cheaper than any I've had that offers similar portions or quality elsewhere. Delightful staff and open air atmosphere is pleasant on a not-too-sunny-and-hot day. If you visit Playa and are looking for wonderful dining off 5th this place must not be ignored!

• Visited June 2014
“SO much food for the price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and great service. The food was wonderful and so much of it! Meal price included chips, guacamole, soup, bread, entree, and desert! All were great.