“Very good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Very good ice cream, many flavors and good ones. The brownies flavor is very good! Nice place very recommended!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The gelato was tasty but a bit over priced. The guy at the register asked me if I spoke English. I said yes and he held up a napkin with a note saying "If you want Justin Beaber punched in the face, please leave a tip." Nice try guys, but no tip even though I can't stand the punky kid.

1  Thank Patrick Z
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Although a chain, which for some reason always seem to get bad raps from some people, this place serves up some of the most excellent gelato that I’ve had outside of Dubrovnik, Croatia (which is my all-time favorite). The quality… flavor, smoothness & consistency… is top-notch! And the flavor choice is quite impressive, with about 40 to choose from if memory serves. I believe there are about 4 of these on the main part of 5th. I visited the location in this page’s title ~3 times and service was good every time. I more frequently visited the one a bit further north… between 8th & 10th, a few doors south of Starbucks I believe. The quality and selection seem to pretty much be identical at all locations, but I kept going back to this one because of a super nice and extremely cute girl who always seemed to be working the day shift. I usually got a medium bowl with 2 flavors, which costs 68 pesos (a bit over $5). I tried 2 different ice cream/gelato places in the area that cost almost as much but were not nearly as good as Aldo’s. All in all, I probably went about 10-12 times in my 1 week in PDC. Some of my favorite flavors were: Dulce De Leche, Lime with cookie crumbles, Brownie, and combo or Orange/Vanilla, which when mixes together was excellent!

On my last morning there, I stopped by my favorite location to see if I could sneak one more in at around 10am before I left for the airport. They were just in the process of opening but my favorite girl recognized me and let me in to order anyway. In appreciation for this and a week’s worth of great service and charming smiles, I gave her a 200 peso note and told her to keep the 132 pesos change as her tip. She was floored and the smile and look on her face was worth 10x of that $10 tip… actually it was more like priceless and something I will never forget!
I’m sure you can find cheaper places in PDC but if you are a gelato lover like me, you will not be disappointed by this place. My all means, check it out and more than once!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

In the midst of quaint mexican eateries, noisy bars, and trendy clubs is Aldo's. There are now a few locations along 5th Ave, recognizable by the bright red icecream stand.
I'm a huge sucker for ice cream of any kind, but after my trip to Italy last year I just can't pass up Gelato. Aldo's did not disappoint. The staff were friendly, and generous with the samples. We each tried 2 or 3 different flavours before ordering. I had strawberry and limon. My friend had Ferrero Rocher and Pistachio. They allow you to split 2 flavours even in the small cup. Everything was delicious! It was a little on the pricey side, but then just about everything on 5th is and if you love Gelato it's worth it.

1  Thank DebSchwab
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We liked the flavors and location but the cost for what you get isn't great. If you need a gelato fix on 5th then this isn't bad but there are better options just a little off the beaten path.
The people watching is great and the different flavors we tried were great.