“An amazing mexican experience”

Playa Maya Restaurant
Ranked #234 of 1,305 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We love the place, the quality of the food, the attention in every detail, the way we are treated by everyone since the entrance till the end of the meal! It's really a tailor made service and the food is absolutely amazing!

There are newer reviews for Playa Maya Restaurant

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our sixth time in Playa and each time we said we were going to try the food at Playa Maya. We always stayed at an all inclusive so for what ever reason we never made it. This May we stayed part of our trip in an AI and part in a condo, so we did finally go. I wish we would have gone every time we were there! After seeing so many reviews of so many restaurants in Playa, we have finally found one that we can absolutely agree on the positive reviews. We had a mango margarita and a regular margarita both were excellent. Complementary chips, salsa and sauce were very good. I had the coconut shrimp and my husband had the fish tacos. Both were the best we have had in any of the restaurants we went to in town. Yes the tables and chairs are plastic. They are on the sand on the beach, what kind of tables do you want? The only thing I would suggest (if you are a bug magnet, like me) bring some off for your legs. Can't wait to go back next May. It will absolutely be more than once on our next trip!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just spent our fourth vacation at Playa Maya. I have reviewed it as a hotel in the past, but it had never occurred to me to review it as a restaurant until I stumbled upon some other reviewers who did, Deservedly so, because the food at Playa Maya is better than a lot of the fare on 5th Avenue.I generally do NOT eat at a hotel restaurant but this is an exception. There is indoor (but open air) seating but we prefer the tables in the sand under a palapa roof, right by the ocean.As guests we had a choice of four different breakfasts included with our room, but there is a full menu to choose from as well.It is well worth having the Juevos Motelenos (SP?) at least once! For lunch or dinner it is hard to NOT order our favorites (fish tacos and coconut shrimp) but they have some outstanding fish dishes, pasta, etc and the ceviche is very good as well.If you stay at Play Maya don't overlook the restaurant, and if strolling along the beach, stop in for a cold drink and some very good food. Cost is reasonable compared to other local establishments, not jacked up as many hotel restaurants are.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is really great, and super affordable. It's right on the beach, which is an added bonus. I highly recommend their complete breakfast menu: bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage, fruit... It's all very good. Their lunch menu is great too. I recommend the fish tacos, guacamole, and mojitos. They shut down the kitchen around 5 ish, so come before then. The service is great too, especially Juan. He's the man! :)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stay at a condo on the beach a few times a year & usually cook breakfast in our condo, some days it's special to take the kids out for breakfast on the beach. Playa Maya has a very laid back vibe with nice views of the ocean and you're covered under a big palapa which offers shade on a hot day. We always ask for Juan as our server; he's so friendly, attentive & never mixes up our orders. There aren't many cheap spots to eat breakfast on the beach. While the tables/chairs are simple, the service and breakfast food is really tasty & nicely presented. I treat myself to a mimosa for around 80 pesos. Kids enjoy pancakes or waffes with bacon, & most breakfast ordrrs comes with juice, coffee, toast & fruit. I have a ham & cheese omelette & you can choose your choice of vegetables. You can order sides for a reasonable price if you're not that hungry. All & all it's a reasonably priced breakfast for a family of 6 (which can get pricey). You can go more upscale at Wicky's or Indigo which is very nice but be prepared to pay for it. (I like to take pics of our food for a travel blog I keep!)

1  Thank WineGoddess74