“Could have been so much better”
Review of Be Playa Hotel

Be Playa Hotel
Ranked #29 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at BePlaya for the last night of our 2 week break around Mexico. We went for a junior suite as a bit of a splurge to end on a high, but sadly BePlaya didn't really deliver. We pulled the short straw I guess as they were, as they were painted and doing repairs when we were there and is was all a bit of a confused mess.
The room was impressive when we walked in however when we had a shower the water leaked all the way across the floor to the bed and we had to use all the other towels to stop it spreading, and to stop up slipping over.
Also our air-conditioning didn't work, we informed the front desk at about 8pm as we were going out to dinner which he reported over an intercom but it wasn't fixed when we got back at 12. It was a very uncomfortable nights sleep as opening the balcony door let in lots of road noise and mosquitos . It only came on an hour before we checked out at 11am. We told the front desk (same guy) but he didn't really care, saying he reported it as if that should have been enough, there was no apology. It felt that as were only there one night it wasn't really important to them. On the one plus side the bed was big and nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CathDor
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Playa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear "CathDor",

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.

We were, in fact, fixing a water leak when you checked in, but it was promptly solved.

The air conditioning failed because it was set at maximum power and the lowest possible temperature for too long, and that is something that even the equipment manufactured says should be avoided.

Not only we did apologize for what happened, but also we refund the extra charges on your room. We feel that this bit of information is important, because we did compensate you for your inconveniences.

Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Great location, close to everything, staff never says no. Roof top bar and pool. Wonderful rooms. Free bikes but walking is best. We would return again and again. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KeyWestMind
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Playa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear "KeyWestMind",

Thank you for your lovely words! We always do our best to earn words such as yours! And thanks for the pics!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Be playa hotel is so much more than just a hotel. First of all the service and the staff are amaizing! They were so kind and nice and they would do anything to give you the best service! They helpd us orgnized our trips to tulum and the water park, answers all our ouestions and all that with a big smile. The room was big and clean all the time, very good smell every time you enter the room (: the location is perfect, 1 mintues from the 5 av 5 minutes from the beach (walking) a very nice italian resturant just a second walk from the hotel. It did our vaction in playa. Very recomended! We r already miss it!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Yalih

Dear "Yalih",

We are happy to know that you had a great time here! This is what we love to read!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This small funny boutique hotel worth every cent. We stayed 4 nights in this hotel. They are located close to Playa del Carmen main avenue with lots of restaurants, bars and stores.
With just a 20min walk you can take a boat to Cozumel. The staff is gentle and will help with any information you need.
They also have a sushi bar that can be useful, just in case you are too tired and don't want to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear "Mateushfc",

Thank you for your nice feedback! This tips are surely going to be helpful to other readers here.

We really hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I visit PDC several times a year. I've been a total of 7 times in the last 3 years and have stayed at a number of hotels in the area.

After my stay at Be Playa last week (Aug 17 to 25, 2013) I can say I completely regret not booking in the past. This small hotel is nothing but class, no stress and good service. The rooms are well decorated, clean and the beds are really comfortable.

The Managers (Oscar, Hector) and the bartenders on the roof always ensured we were well taken care of and even made sure my friends who visited me at the hotel to hang out on the roof top were enjoying their time.

This hotel is suitable for all kinds of travelers - Families, singles and couples. The rooftop is incredible - Super chill, well decorated and equiped will a wonderful infinity pool and comfortable lounge seating. At night they play very chill music and offer a full service bar. It likely isnt the cheapest hotel but its well worth every cent. I would pay the extra 100 bucks or so to stay here. In fact, it is likely never go elsewhere when I visit.

the Hotel is a short walking distance to the best part of the beach, the beach clubs, restaurants etc. Yet far away enough to not be disturbed by street noise or any of the clubs or bars.

You are free to do as you please at this hotel and they are not out to nickel and dime their customers.

Also, Sushi club was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deyo_Bomb
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Playa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear "Deyo_Bomb",

Thank you for your great feedback about Be Playa Hotel! You had a very good time here, and that makes us proud of our work. Thanks for the nice photos as well!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We spent 3 nights here in July. I researched a lot of PDC hotels before booking Be Playa and we were satisfied with what we got for the price we paid. It was good value for money, we had the master suite on the 3rd floor which was spacious and had a jacuzzi.

The location was perfect for 5th Ave & the beach and it's only a 50 peso taxi ride to the ADO stations. Breakfast was decent, not as big as other hotels we stayed in, but you can buy additional items from the menu if you are hungrier. We didn't eat in the Sushi Restaurant for dinner but it looked nice.

The staff are very friendly and knowledgable, Hector on the front desk was an absolute gentleman.

A few slightly negative comments might be that the noise in the room (even on the 3rd floor) was quite loud in the mornings and if you're conscious about safety/security the sliding patio doors in your room do not lock.

All in all I would recommend this place for a short break in Playa.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveCiaraBL

Dear "DaveCiaraBL",

We are glad to know you enjoyed you time at Be Playa! Thanks for this positive review on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just want to share with all my fellow travelers, that I've been going to Playa Del Carmen, for the last 15 years and the
boutique hotels for the most part are very nice, some are in front of the beach, and some are
in the vicinity of 5th Ave, (where all the action is) I've stayed at Mosquito Blue, El Faro, Royal Haciendas, Publito Escondido, and El Cielo, but never before have I ever experienced the kind of quality service that I received at "Be Playa" from the the General Manager, to the front desk receptionist, down to the bar, and the maid service, it was so impressive unlike any other stay I've experienced in Mexico. The type of service I experienced is something that you would expect from a Ritz Carlton or a Langham Hotel. My Family are from Pasadena California, and we were vacationing in Merida Yucatan, for a couple of months so we decided we needed to do something different so we drove to Playa del Carmen with our three children, 3 1/2 hours away from the State of Yucatan, we had no reservations anywhere
so the first place I thought of was El Faro Condo Hotel, when I arrived at the front desk for it was the Italian gentlemen that I have seen before I can tell he knew who I was, because I certainly remember him, and then I even asked him if he remembered me, and quietly knotted yes, but he had absolutely no regard of my presence, no personality not even a smile, I almost felt as if I was inconvenience being there then the price he gave me happen to be much more then the Internet price, they did have availability, but didn't seem to want to accommodate my family of five, not a friendly place at all the no customer service so then I left and decided to contact my brother in law that lives in Playa del Carmen and asked him if he can make any recommendations he told me about the real nice boutique hotel called "Be Playa", with a roof top bar/pool , and unbelievable sushi restaurant in the lobby. Be Playa, is not in front of the beach, but they are very close to the main 5th Ave, and around the corner from Mamitas Beach, (a very popular place to spend the day) Be Playa, is a trendy place with a good looking crowd, and a great staff to go with it, normally its considered an Adult hotel, but they made an exception as they had one unit on the third floor available with two king size beds, and they accommodate us at a unbelievable price, luxury, and service. To me service is most important aspect of any business that is really what brings people back.
Every Staff member at the front desk was excellent I felt as if I was back at home in the US, the rooms where like something out W hotel, very upscale and clean. When I went downstairs to the front desk later that day after checking in asked the receptionist for some bowls, utensils, ice, and more towels, by the time I returned to my room I had all my requests full filled. I told my wife this is like being at W hotel in Hollywood, Wow! what service!, later that day we went for a swim at the roof top pool with the kids, they have a fully equipped bar/lounge we ordered some drinks, and asked for a menu, we noticed they mainly have a sushi menu, and my kids just wanted fries, they had no fries, so the bar tender with an excellent personality offered to bring up some fruit for the kids at no cost, "Wow"again!, that evening I went out to get some pizza for the kids, and the few places I had noticed earlier that day were closed, when I returned to my hotel I asked front desk receptionist if he knew where I can order Pizza to be delivered, he used his own cell phone and started calling different places to order pizza for us just unbelievable service and attitude, Included with the cost of my stay was a unbelievable continental breakfast that to me was a full breakfast an assortment of breads, fresh fruit, coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, home made jam and butter. The point I am trying to make here is that those little extra services, and with a pleseant personality, and excellent customer service is what makes you the best this hotel "Be Playa" was an excellent experience I really recommend them and I and I never recommend placed and I have never posted
comments or feedback before, but I felt compelled to this for this unique find as they deserve to be recognized, the hotels in Playa del carmen have a lot to learn from this establishment.
I understand they have another hotel in Tulum, called BE PLAYA as well.
I am definitely going to visit on my next trip to Quintana Roo Mexico by the way you don't even have to go anywhere there roof top lounge at Be Playa in Playa Del Carmen, is happening at nightwith great music, and drinks! Thank you Everyone at Be Playa you have loyal customers for now on!!

Room Tip: Higher Floors near the roof top pool and bar room 301