“Very nice paintings”

Riviera Art Gallery
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an art gallery with a new concept located in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The principle objective of this concept is to reconcile the greater public with the art world, to bridge the void, and put it quality art within reach of every collector.We believe that the traditional galleries have closed their doors to new talents. The politics and high prices have distanced the public from something as beautiful and universal as art. We have the ambition to fill this niche by offering our clients original works of art, created by talented artists (young, emerging, established) from all over the world, with different theme and techniques for any particular style, taste and budget--as quality and creativity are the principle characteristics of the work.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Very nice paintings”
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

They are soooo beautiful and with very interesting painting techniques. The "bad" thing about it is that they seem to be always the same paintings, I get to see them pretty often because I live in playa so I wish they could change them more often.

athens ga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“You absolutely cannot beat their customer service...anywhere.”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

A super great little shop off of 5th avenue. Wonderful art pieces and let me tell you Neiman Marcus or Saks 5th have nothing on this place!! This is the absolute best customer service I have ever had, and that is when I was back in the states. I loved my items so much I wanted to order more!

You just have to visit this shop or you will be missing out - ask for Vanessa - she will take good care of you! Such a pleasure and every trip we make back to Playa will include a visit to this wonderful store with wonderful people.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank mrbillstodd
Toronto, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The best native art you can find in Playa”
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

If you walk down 5th Avenue in Playa Del Carmen I would be surprised if you can't find this place. The art is displayed out of the shop partially and it will lure you in! The workers there are very informed and the pieces are breathtaking. Very unique and for those who like to collect authentic art this is the place! The smaller pieces go for about $110 US which compared to some of the stuff they sell back in Canada for this price... its certainly something you will enjoy. There was no one pressuring us to buy buy buy while we were in there so it makes for a nice break from the street too where there will always be someone encouraging you to pull out your wallet.

2 Thank Anastasia R
Marquand MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Wonderful Art Gallery”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Thankfully and wonderfully located right off 5th Avenue. Artwork ....beautiful, local, and unique. Worth time away from your vacation to stroll in and look around. Have came back to this art gallery a couple years in a row....very friendly owners ...not pushy like the ones on 5th though.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank CharityHoman
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A unique gallery with wonderful Art selections”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I inadvertently walked down the street where the gallery is located and Wow! Amazing find. I was instantly drawn to all of the pieces. Wonderful selections. Vanessa was friendly, she introduced herself and then gave us our space to keep looking. When we asked her about particluar pieces she had an extensive knowledge about the artists. We left without buying anything that day. However, 1 week later I sent Vanessa an email asking her for the particular pieces I had been interested in and she instantly remembered me. I ended up purchasing the 2 pieces, which were shipped nicely and securely. I love my new pieces of art! I am likely to browse their website and do online shopping in the near future.

Visited June 2012